WCP story continuation

Originally posted by Frosty
I fail to see what's so wrong about the Epee.

Anyway, the Salthi is by far the worst WC fighter ever.

Agreed, so I think the Epee is the worst CONFED fighter.

There´s nothing wrong with the Epee specs, if you read them you´ll think it´s better then the Ferret, but I just do not feel comfortable with that ship.
The Ferret seems to be able to sustain much more hits than the Epee. Almost everytime I got hit in the armor when flying an Epee, the first thing I lose is a cannon.
My opinion is, when you are flying a light fighter, you don´t need shields or good guns. All I need is speed and maneuverability. The Epee has slightly better guns and shields, but the Ferret is faster and turns better. It looks nicer, too.

Hmmm...you can try not steering in front of full gun salvos.

Anyway, in an Epee, and against any ship, I can cut through them like tissue paper just as well as in a Dragon so.............:p

Originally posted by Wulf
Anyway, in an Epee, and against any ship, I can cut through them like tissue paper just as well as in a Dragon so.............:p
If the Epee was half as good as your boasting skills, no one would be complaining about it... ;)

I wish I could prove to everyone just how good an Epee is over the net, but there is no multiplayer option besides Armada, and with Win ME there is no chance in Hell that I could.

No, you're confused. The Rapier is a true artists ship (if half of what they say is true)... the Ferret is quick and light... but you'd prefer something heavier... like a Rapier...

Originally posted by Meson

But the Ferret is the ship of a true artist.

That´s right. I too didn´t like Epee but in WCA i flow solo filght aganst five morningstars to protect two frendlity freighters and i shot them down all with freighters intact. This was modified version on WCA and those morningstars were with improved ´Drakkhai´ AI. Ferret were just too small and agile to hit and turning radius just optimal to shoot morningstars to their sides.

No... the lesson: Always fly a cloaked Raptor or a Dragonlance (I think that should suit all the name factions) and destroy the artist with surprise and overwhelming firepower befor said artist can get very fancy.

Originally posted by Saturnyne
The Epee, like any other ship, is only as good as its pilot.
Disagree. Put an awesome pilot in a crappy ship vs. a good pilot in an awesome and superior ship, and see who wins... :)

Originally posted by Saturnyne
The Epee, like any other ship, is only as good as its pilot.
LOL
Epee pilot:
"No one can hit me I-------"
boom

No matter what type of pilot you are, the Epee is a death sentence. Ferret maybe only as good as its pilot, but the Epee? naw. :)

Back