WCP SO Problem

Ghost

Emperor
i have downloaded today the full version of SO from origin´s ftp
but after the first chapter, the game give me a password to download the next chapter, but i have the full game (112 mb)
what´s wrong ????

You have the main download which includes episode one of the game. The other episodes are no longer available for download. The only legal way to obtain them is by buying Wing Commander Prophecy: Gold

TC

why its not legal?

the mags dont have it on their pages for download, so If he buy those mags and still have the CDs with that game, its Ilegal?

It's not legal because the magazines did not have permission to put the game on the CD.

TC

I believe it was legal for magazines to put the episodes on their CDs when they were available for download from the official site.
I have the episodes, but not the main file, which basically sucks. It is illegal to send you the files, but it is semi-legal (IMHO) to tell you that you could ffind the episode files on a few sites around the web, hidden away.

Well, it wasn't really legal because even then they required permission. Remember, magazines actually got money out of distributing the episodes, and there are always legalities that must be dealt with if y'ant to make money off somebody else's product.

Come to think of it, SO was never, ever, released completely free of charge. Even before October 31, you were paying to get it... it's just that you were paying with information about yourself.

I guess you haven't exactly been keeping up with the news, eh Daemon? :) 'Twas many, many months ago that the episodes were taken down from the Secret Ops site.

Originally posted by Dexter
I have the episodes, but not the main file, which basically sucks. It is illegal to send you the files, but it is semi-legal (IMHO) to tell you that you could ffind the episode files
Not on this board. And you can still download the main package from secretops.com.

I am happy I don't have the problem at the moment...WC does not run on the PC with the Internet Access....and there's no way to put it on mine...but we even had the debate some days ago...it is forbidden, etc...just because EA/Origin want to make money with these missions...they still knew at this time that WC would not go on..it was just an attempt to make the fans pay for Prophecy once again...I won't buy the "Prophecy Gold Pack" it isn't worth in my eyes! (I would even like to have the SOPS-missions,but I swore Origin/Ea away and deinstalled NFS from my PC!They will never get my money again,till they let WC come alive!

If you're trying to make a point to EA?Origin, buying Prophecy Gold would be a good idea -- they'll see that the only game selling well is Wing Commander, and want to make more.

I kind of doubt that would work with a 4+ year old game that can rarely be found outside the bargain bins at the major chain stores. In fact, I only saw WCP at CompUSA for a very short period of time when it first came out. I wonder what EA's response would be if the CICs were to send them a list of the members of this board. Has it been done?

Back