WCP SO Problem

Excuse me but I didn't understand the last statement (sense and words).
But I also never saw Prophecy Gold...Prophecy can you get here on every Computermarket (seen it even yesterday),but PG? Never...and why should I pay the same price I paid for P, once again for PG? And then I have 3 Cds two times and one or two new. This doesn't make any sense for me!And for this should I pay lots of money? If they'd sell SOPS without P,then OK..but I don't want to see myself forced to buy P again!

I have three Prophecy's. If one's enough for you, you can buy Prophecy Gold and sell the original.

About my previous comment; How would sending EA a list of our 680 registered users help? You need to sell 750,000 copies for a game to be considered a success. And I'm sure a lot of users wouldn't even want their personal details sent to a company.

Originally posted by KrisV
That would be both pointless and a violation of your privacy.
I understand the privacy statement but why would it be pointless? I wasn't suggesting that you send details - numbers might be good enough. There must be statistics on chat forums to games sold. For example, how many registered users are there for Diablo,Thief,Freespace, etc compared to number of sales? It might not be enough to convince them to make another game but it would be interesting data.

Originally posted by Manjana
I am happy I don't have the problem at the moment...WC does not run on the PC with the Internet Access....and there's no way to put it on mine...but we even had the debate some days ago...it is forbidden, etc...just because EA/Origin want to make money with these missions...they still knew at this time that WC would not go on..it was just an attempt to make the fans pay for Prophecy once again...I won't buy the "Prophecy Gold Pack" it isn't worth in my eyes! (I would even like to have the SOPS-missions,but I swore Origin/Ea away and deinstalled NFS from my PC!They will never get my money again,till they let WC come alive!

A mess indeed. Although they dont have those missions posted anymore, it is not uncommon for some ftp somewhere to have those posted. In fact there was a site based in London that had those some time ago, long after EA/OSI removed them and ended the freebie, then we all heard and saw WCPGold. Posting them during the 7 week thing was good, but they could have send a letter or email to those that registered WCP so that they would know it was going to happen. Then to make people have to pay for it with the gold edition. They should have just released the SO on a single CD as an add on instead of packing the whole thing in one box and call it Prophecy Gold. Now you cant find that sucker for nothing. Indeed things are a furball at EA/OSI. The saga continues

RFBurns

"Die by the very weapons you adore!" [Retros, Privateer/RF]

SO should be released as a stand-alone, not packed with WCP in the Gold Edition. Everyone who has WCP and no internet connection will never buy it, 'cos what's the good if you payed much for WCP ? Unless you are a WC junkie...

Their personal data? I did not think it was very much the registration form was asking for..but ok just because I don't have a problem with giving these few data to a company,I cannot say all people think like me.
And RFBurns..I just say I have never seen it here in Germany! And even if I knew where to find it...just as I said, how would I get it on my PC? There is no connection between mine and the one I am sitting in front of at the moment. And for a 1.44 disc is it a little too big I think!

The numbers of people subscribed to this forum aren't nearly enough to have much of an impact on EA at all.

TC

Almost everyone I know downloaded SO over 28.8 or 33.6. 112MB is not that big for a complete game. Hell, most games require more install space than that. It's exactly like TC says, it's your own fault if you don't have something.

God I remember clicking non stop on the link until it went active. Getright served me well then. Have DSL now and get frustrated now waiting ten minutes for something to download. Those guys don't know what they missed.

SO was a little rougher to download because they couldn't handle the demand at first. But all in all, it wasn't all that bad if you had Getright. Certainly not bad enough to let SO slip away...

I got it the first night no problem. Sat next to the comp. watching TV and clicking constantly on the FTP link. As soon as they put it up it started downloading. And when I got up the next morning, it was ready to play. Thats the only time I've waited for a game to be released on the net (demo or otherwise).

Originally posted by Manjana
And RFBurns..I just say I have never seen it here in Germany! And even if I knew where to find it...just as I said, how would I get it on my PC? There is no connection between mine and the one I am sitting in front of at the moment. And for a 1.44 disc is it a little too big I think!

Eeek! Ever hear of a LAN? Grab ya a 5 port hub, 2 cat 5 cables and 2 lan cards and ur good to go, easy and simple. You can find those in small kit form at just about any computer store. As to you not seeing the SO or Gold in Germany, well I wouldnt know! That kinda sucks tho! :(
I missed out on the internet freebie due to military duty. And one day I was at a local computer shop here and saw the Prophecy gold edition on the shelf, but it didnt dawn on me to grab it since I already had Prophecy. Now I wish I did grab it! TC is right, if you dont take advantage of something offered, its our own fault. But then again, if EA and OSI are hell bent on making money, they should put SO on a stand alone add on for WCP, and put up an online order section at their site for those who want it, or have a FTP available charged to your credit card and make the missions available. To just make it not available is not helping EA/OSI public relations. At least not in the WC community.
Just remember, youre not alone!

RFBurns

"Fight the good fight, heart of the tiger!" [W. Chang {Vagabon}, WCIV]

Thanks to all !!!!
i´m from Argentina and downloading 112 mb its toooooo long ,and i feel like a stupid, btw what fan made adds-on can i download to put in my secret ops

i was lucky enought to have access to a T1 line and CD-R drive at the time SO came out so i have it on cd and i was wondering why its illegal for me to install it on my friends pc even though it was free

WCPSO and a good friend

Ok, dont get the wrong ideas here, but my good friend handed me a box full of stuff. Some old computer hardware and a few games. While searching in the box I found a familiar greenish/bluish box with a Vampire on the front, and low and behold, there was WCP Gold! :D Now here is my question. Since I did not pay for anything in that box, which included the WCP Gold game, should I register it since he didnt? He did not like the game at all, (strange) and is more into rpg type games. I dont want to feel like I am stealing. But he did just give it to me with a bunch of other goodies. I know there is the end user license stuff which states you cant xfer the software to someone. But I cant see him just throwing it away either. If he did I would be after him with my Fusion cannon! Should I just let it go and enjoy the game or register it and let things be as they be?

RFBurns

"I dont think you are going to get clearance going the other way!" [Capt. Eisen, WCIV]

Back