WCP MAP

Vampyre

Spaceman
I need a bit of clarification here can anyone help?

On the jump point chart you get with Wing Commander Prophecy there is a system called dallas in the avalon sector and it's jump route goes in on itself. Does anyone know why?

Print error or something like that. With other errors in other things like the timeline and ship stats etc, thats no biggie. I would say its a print error.

RFB

Originally posted by Dynaco
Cause LOAF screwed up

Be careful what you wish for. Everybody (most anyways) knows that Loaf runs the world. So, watch what you *think in your head*. He knows EVERYTHING!!! And he might get you one day!!!!!!;)

Wha? This map error has nothing to do with me <G>

It's a reference to Dallas Snell, a former Origin employee (worked on Wing 2... remember General Snell at Ghorah Khar?)... apparently he once created an org chart that was just his name with an arrow pointing to himself... and that's where the jump point comes from.

If you want an in-universe explanation, it was colonized using hopper drives, and some gravitic anomaly creates only one jump line which leads back to itself.

Pff, even I knew that from the last time someone asked about that. :)

There's also something about the callsign Dallas, isn't there? :)

Oh, Dallas and Houston are in Texas? (I'm veeeery ashamed of my US geography... but wait, I'm not American so I don't really care... :) )

In that case, I think it is AUSTIN... :cool:

Your right, it is Austin, and all three are in Texas. The reason i said "its only Texas" is cause either Texas or Alaska are the biggest state.

Actually, provinces and territories... mostly provinces. I wasn't saying that it's startling that the US has internal political divisions, most countries do... They're just all pretty fricken small...

TC

No they don't... if they merged a bunch of states together, they wouldn't need 48 states on the mainland. Furthermore, this would result in a much less cluttered and therefore more aesthetically pleasing flag.

Eh, details :). Countries have merged in the past, both voluntarily and involuntarily. It's just a matter of being persuasive enough...

Back