WCP MAP

especially since......

especially since most states generally think "they" are best darn little state of the union. They don't want to give up their automatony, by merging. In other news many states such as california have thought about wanting to split and become another state, because they think their section is different from another section, so they want to become automatonous. That will never happen of course.

I also point back to many of those countries that lost their automatony by merging, They often times split apart again by wars, famine, and just plain bigotry of the other people.

So in reality merging useally never helps.

[Edited by Valiento on 04-03-2001 at 11:28]

By having many individual states with many individual state governments, you can spend more time developing laws and programs and such that apply specifically to your area. If one giant government were responsible for *everyone*, it'd be much harder to keep everyone happy...

I think that since the U.S, has become the wealthiest and strongest nation, it shows that our form of government is very stable and that it works very well. Things would not be as good in this country if we didn't have many states. Also, that is the whole point of democracy. I could go on, but I think you get my point ;).

Very true! But if George Wushy Bushy gets his way, many animals will loose their homes in the refuge and the trees will be replaced by pumpjacks. Ya thats moving into the future, sticking with 1900's technology.

RFB

I think we should rename Pennsylvania too LOAFsylvania. that way LOAF can have total control over people. Also, merging any state with Texas would be impossible, because Texas is only a state by treaty (dont know the name, but LOAF does...) Also, heres a question for LOAF. Why does everything look out of scale in the WCIV:pOF movies? Its like the Intrepid is 1/4 the size of jupiter, and the Banshees are as large as it.

Antman: I am not LOAF but I think I know the treaty. It was signed after the Spanish-American War at the turn of the century, giving the U.S. Texas and some other large amounts of land (can't rememeber the exact figures).
Also, the Banshees are in proportion, your eyes aren't seeing the depth perception (i.e. the Banshee is closer to the viewer than the Intrepid, so it looks bigger).

Hobbie, i have a higher rank then you so im gonna have to discipline you. Also, teh Banshees were launching. I saw them coming out of the bay. This is the proportion:

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||| |||||||||||||||||||||

Ditto the Intrepid and Jupiter. <G>

(In *theory*, I actually don't have any depth perception...)

Screw your "depth perception". The speed that the craft was going at jupiter is enough to say that it was very close.

He's talking about the flight instructor ending to WCIV, I think... although I have no idea what he means by speed indicating distance -- Jupiter is clearly pretty far away in that scene.

Antman, I don't think you made that 1st Lieutenant legit. I think you sucked up to LOAF.

Not that I'm putting down our all-wise LOAF, mind you...

Besides, why is the Kraken in Prophecy bigger than Confed HQ, which is bigger than the Vesuvius? And yet, the Vesuvius is bigger in Secret Ops than a Kraken?

He's got 175 posts, so he's a legitimate 1st Lt.

First, those are three different bases... the one in Prophecy is Jupiter Station, the one in WCIV is Orion and the one in WCIII is Torgo Station... so, you can't really compare them to things <G>

The Vesuvius is 1,600 meters long, and the Kraken is 1,200 meters... so, SO is right.

Ah, but were the posts themselves legitimate? Were they actually adding something to the conversation or were a dozen or so simple LOLs? Hehehe...

I got no clue -- I don't remember the guy from before today <G> He must have been an older poster...

Back