WCIV

Windows ME

Uh, guys.. Windows ME is built off the Windows 98/95 core.. not the NT core.

You're not going to the "Full blown" 32 bit OS... don't expect as much incompatability as you would going to Windows 2000 (Which is NT based, not to be confused with ME).

As we see in End Run, a ship can travel incredibly fast with its scoops closed and while it's travelling in a straight line. :)

Does the whole scoop thing from the novels apply to the games? I noticed the start-up menu on the fighters in WC3 says stuff about an interior generator. What say you, Loaf?

The scoops gather hydrogen to use as fuel -- in the novels and in the games. This fuel *powers* a ships generator.

(Yes, believe it or not, generators require fuel. :))

Yeah, but extreme speed and no control just isn't feasible in a combat situation (no, don't talk about the Squid, it still has some control...)...

In more modern fighters, it probably won't let you close the scoops in a heavily populated sector (lots of friendly capships) or in an enemy area (with, well, enemies). Therefore, you could only close the scoops when going to navpoint to navpoint away from your home ship...easily done by hitting "A". :)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
You can see gooey organs when a ship blows up in Privateer. :)

Yep, you see a hand, a head in a helmet and cockpit pieces! What would have been neat is if you ran into that mess, it splatter on the cockpit window! :D

RFB

Originally posted by Nep Parth
Yeah, but extreme speed and no control just isn't feasible in a combat situation (no, don't talk about the Squid, it still has some control...)...
Indeed. It's a hell of a lot of fun to edit the Squid to about 10, 20,000 KPS on boosters :)D), but once you bump into a capship, it'll be a while before you can regain control ;).

Back