WCIV

Okay.:) In Fact it brings some changing in the topics (so even threads which didn't interest me so much at the beginning are one day later interesting...for ex.).

Though it does make it very hard to know if a thread is going to be interesting to me personally just by looking at the title.

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Ghost
Yes, what is the fastest ship is in the galaxy ????
(topic drift)

its the millenium falcon of course! but seriously, is it the arrow or something??? 520kps is purty fast

I think that the ships of WC Armada
In WC3 it goes to 520 and 1400 while afterburning, but i never played armada (stupid system wont let me i suck at tweaking config.sys) how fast does it go in armada?

I hate my Windows ME. I installed it with my DSL line running...and now most of my system is screwed up. My Windows Media won't play anything without skipping horribly...I can't even watch the Wing Commander Academy episodes!

Originally posted by Nep Parth
I hate my Windows ME. I installed it with my DSL line running...and now most of my system is screwed up. My Windows Media won't play anything without skipping horribly...I can't even watch the Wing Commander Academy episodes!

Too bad WindowsME is probably as good as it's gonna get for you. But no worries, I know how to fix your problem quickly. You have to do what you should've done when you updated your OS in the first place:

• Backup all files not already on CD, this includes MP3s, drivers downloaded off the web, Favorites, etc...
  • Completely wipe your HDD and reformat.
  • Boot off the WindowsME CDROM and install from scratch.

I think you'll find that WindowsME is actually a very very reliable and speedy OS with lots to offer in terms of refinements and enhancements on it's aged cousin 98SE.

[Edited by Frosty on 05-06-2001 at 11:02]

Upgrading OS usually does not go smoothly all the time. Sometimes it can tho. As Frosty suggested, always backup vital files before an OS upgrade. And its usually best to start from scratch. Your changing from a 16/32 bit OS to a full blown 32 bit OS. Your bound to run into problems!

RFB

Yeah, I was already going to backup and reformat. But thank you for the suggestion.

That's not always how you should install a new OS, though...98 and ME are meant, I think, to be installed by replacing 95 or 98.

I've found Windoze ME rather crappy in the bugs department. I multi-task the hell out of it, sure, but it still does look pretty :)

Anyone encountered skeletones floating in the space in WCIV, like the second mission where you must go to see the wreckage of the civ transport ?????

I've seen more than my fair share of skeletal remains in WC4. Your sheilds even flare if you hit them :D

i once tried tractring catscratch's fighter after he ejected in that mission. but i blew up :( I kept trying for too long :D

Yes, what is the fastest ship is in the galaxy ????
(topic drift)

Like $tormin already said the Wasp, using her booster, can reach 3000kps making it the fastest.
The fastest fighter without such a booster I know is the Armada Arrow: 800kps max velocity without ABs and 2095 with ABs.
Of course we (or at least I) don't know how fast a capital ship can go when accelerating long enough, or how fast that modified Ferret from FA (with a corvette's engine IIRC) can go.

BTW: My brother pulled my leg in Priv with those human remains that are left when you shoot at an ejected pilot (hand and head, I think). We all know that you can tractor those ejected pilots in and sell them as slaves. NOw my brother told me that you can tractor in the hand/head and sell it as "Generic food". :) I spent almost half an hour trying to tractor in such remains (and that costed a lot of people their lives, especially Paradigmcrews). :D

[Edited by Mekt-Hakkikt on 05-07-2001 at 09:49]

Back