WCIV "specials"

And the best thing is that the BPS consists of just a dozen people, responsible for all the games which are released in germany. It's not a very good feeling if someone else is judging what's good for me...

Long life the game-import
(although Sony made it illegal to import their non-german PSX games to germany, as far as I know)

Respectfully,
Eleazar

The joke is, that the BPjS cannot control games by itself. Someone must bring them a game and order them to watch it and then censor it.

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
The joke is, that the BPjS cannot control games by itself. Someone must bring them a game and order them to watch it and then censor it.

That means that some games are censored, and some are not. In German, this is called "Willkür"

No, it's not "Willkür" (arbitrariness). Every game will be censored when brought to them (and if BPjS finds it censorworthy). Theoratically, if no one would complain, we would not have any censored movies/games here in Germany.

No, it's not "Willkür" (arbitrariness). Every game will be censored when brought to them (and if BPjS finds it censorworthy). Theoratically, if no one would complain, we would not have any censored movies/games here in Germany.

arbitrariness??? Never heard before, danke MektHakkikt!!!

I think there have been several cases where some games were banned and others were not as they were not tested (maybe because they were unknown or just ignored). For example, Dark Forces was banned, while Jedi Knight was spared (haven't played these, though, so I cannot comment about them)

Well, I looked it up some weeks ago. <g>
And are you sure that Dark Forces was banned? Because I own a version with German handbook and German in-game text.
We must differntiate though: If sth is on the index you can still buy it, but the shops may not advertisize it or put it in their windows. But the Mortal Kombat series is, AFAIK, entirely forbidden by now in Germany.

Well, I looked it up some weeks ago. <g>
And are you sure that Dark Forces was banned? Because I own a version with German handbook and German in-game text.
We must differntiate though: If sth is on the index you can still buy it, but the shops may not advertisize it or put it in their windows. But the Mortal Kombat series is, AFAIK, entirely forbidden by now in Germany.

Yes we have to draw a line between forbidden and "indiziert". Mortal Kombat or Wolfenstein 3d are forbidden, the rest is just restricted to adults.

I am pretty sure that DF was "indiziert" (cannot find the English eqv), as this was written in PCPLAYER (they had to remove all Dark Forces names of their old covers when they had a 5 year anniversary issue in 1998 where they showed the cover of each PCP issue, with names like Doom, DF etc blackened). However I think it was first banned several weeks after it was released, and I'd guess it was somehow inexpected by Lucasarts as they translated the game without censoring it, and this translated version was banned.

Maybe, maybe.
I could not find a word for "indiziert" too, so I just used "on the index". ;)

Wahrscheinlich liest das hier eh keiner mehr außer uns :)

Oh sorry that was German :)

Originally posted by Sonntag
Wahrscheinlich liest das hier eh keiner mehr außer uns
Nein, it interests me as well, as I have lived in Germany for 8 years...
It's funny though, by the time I was living there, I was not old enough to care about, or take notice of the censorship in Germany... After all, I was only 8 when I moved to France...
Eh eh, I could only hear my parents complain about the strictness of German rules (let's not fall into that again :)).

BTW, I'm not replying in German because LOAF and the others would complain... they don't like my foreign language-showing off... :)

[Edited by mpanty on 03-23-2001 at 20:47]

You seem to have kept a lot of German in memory. Did you practise it in France or whereever you went since then? Because I let my French slip a lot (OK, I never lived in France but anyway, it is so sad...).

Originally posted by mpanty
BTW, I'm not replying in German because LOAF and the others would complain... they don't like my foreign language-showing off... :)

[Edited by mpanty on 03-23-2001 at 20:47] [/B]

Yes that is correct, but the fact that they don't complain shows that no one is reding this thread anymore, right? :)

Originally posted by Supdon3
How can never having been in France be sad
Fool!! :)

Read Mekt's post again:
(...) I let my French slip a lot (OK, I never lived in France but anyway, it is so sad...)
He's talking about him letting his French slip a lot... that's what's sad!! :)

Hah. As you made a disrespectful remark towards the French, you will have to face not only mpanty but me as well, maybe even TC. ;)

Back