WCIV "specials"

Hobbie

Spaceman
Ok, I am trying to compile a list of all the weapons you can "earn" by beating certain missions.

This is what I have:

Lance, and everything that comes with it
Coneburst/Starburst
Mace
Bearcat

Doesn't seem like much. I am interested in finding out if anything else is available through certain missions. BTW, is there anything useful at Circe? When I played through it, there wasn't anything special available, except for the Lance on the last mission. Seems odd cause you can get new stuff at Speardon (sp?).

Ok lets go for it.,

Cloaker that Pliers installs if you say yes
Pliers giving 1 more torp if you say yes
mace if you capture the princeton
starburst if you capture the base
Bearcat if you capture the bearcats.

This not much, there is not a single other wc where you get any extra weapon types via capture in a game beyond the BFG on the midway

Completing Circe gives you three things.
1- Data including iff codes, to get in a sneak attack on those pesky dragons and the frigate.
2-Nifty cutscenes.
3- The feeling you've done the right thing ;) .

Hmm, I thought the cutscene of Bearcats being made was cooler than the tank one. But they are probably two of the best cutscenes in the game. (gotta love the intro, however:)) Also, I never figured out why you would need that torp, isn't on a patrol mission?

Are you kidding? For me, the classic cutscene of the game was of Seether expediting Paulsen's "retirement" via a very sharp knife. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy :D

Best, Raptor

Yeah, that scene was pretty amusing the first time I saw it. Its even better if you join the Border Worlds later, rather than sooner. (that way you know Seether is a jackass better)

BTW, is it "PaulsEn" or "PaulsOn"? Again, a discrepancy in names between the game and the novel... :)

Which one is it?

I've always gone by Paulsen. And Paulsen was just doing his job, even if he was a bit of a punce in doing it. Oops, the novel says he's Projecy personnel, right? Well, in that case, sucked in for joining the idiots then. :)

No, he didn't know about the Project -- he was simply chosen to command Lexington because...

- He funded Tolwyn -- at the cost of becoming a Rear Admiral.
- He shared *ideals* with the Project -- that whole 'pure stock' thing...
- He was very easy for Seether to boss around <G>

Oh, I feel even more sorry for him now. Was he a Rear Admiral. I only remember him being called a Captain, but of course, that could just be his position, not his rank.

No, he needed more experience before he could be promoted -- so he was assigned as Captain of the Lexington, to 'punch his ticket'.

LOAF is referring, I believe, to the fact that the German version of WC4 had a slightly different cutscene.

What? Was it cut? Was it too violent or what? Luckily I own the English version. But I hate it when German censors cut scenes. Sometimes it is so badly cut that you cannot understand what happened in that scene. :(

You'd have to ask LOAF. I'll give you an answer right now, but keep in mind that I'm making it up as I go along :). They cut the part where you see Paulsen's throat slit open, because showing an act of violence with blood would take them up another level in the ratings. In such cases, it is always considered better to cut some bits and pieces, and remain in a lower level, so that you've got a wider market.

It wasn't cut... they show the scene from a different angle, in which you can't see that Seether is cutting Paulsen's throat (both are on the DVD...).

This German (no offense Mekt ;)) and British censoring thing, is just plain stupid!
I mean, look at Americans, have they ever censored anything?
"No", exactly!! And look at them... they are... er.. mmmhhh...
My bad, wrong example, never mind... :p

True - the german BPS (BundesPruefStelle) is quite a questionable institution, if you see what is censored (look at C&C). TV's not better - try to see an uncut action-film on TV *sigh*.
But England an Germany aren't the only countries which censor computer games.
As far as I know the US has a very strict approach on nudism in their games.

Respectfully,
Eleazar

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
It wasn't cut... they show the scene from a different angle, in which you can't see that Seether is cutting Paulsen's throat (both are on the DVD...).
That's exactly what I meant. Now the German player can only guess what happened to Paulsen.
And mpanty, I do not take any offence, I agree with you I ANY term. But true that nudism, is shown more freely inn Europe. But the hell! I want to see explicit violence!

Back