WC4 Orchestrated

Originally posted by Dark Tower
How are you going to record them though? Plus i think yo might want to at least see if its possible to record a decent sample first though because it might work and then less money to pay. If origin/ea anyone else i forgoten say yes they could do it like the unreal/deus ex music is being done via limited edition, send cheque instead of mass sale. Go forth and succede.

If people were willing to give it a test to see how it works out then I'd be all for that. Recording qualities would differ greatly just depending upon the microphones people used, making it quite odd if there's different amounts of static in different sections. Other problems would be the fact that tuning would be practically impossible which would definitely ruin it very quickly. I also figure we'd run into a lot of problems with tempos and dynamics, both of which could tediously be fixed when mixing. Anyway, if a bunch of people want to try it out I'd say go for it, but the chances of it sounding half way decent are very slim.

Hold up

There's dozens upon dozens of orchestrated CDs for RPG games like Final Fantasy and Square games, among others.
Hell, look at the Medal of Honor games, thats done by the Northwest Sinfonia (80 peice orchestra), later added was the Northwest Boy's Choir (maybe a dozen or two kids). We need to shoot for a good, solid orchestra, even if it's just a Session Orchestra #7 like at Warner Brothers who does all the Batman\Superman cartoons, if we're going to do this properly since anything worth doing is worth doing right.

I'm gonna drop Mike Giachinno a line to see what his budget was for the Medal of Honor scoring sessions. I'll probablhy wet myself from the price range...

-J

Re: Hold up

Originally posted by LeHah
There's dozens upon dozens of orchestrated CDs for RPG games like Final Fantasy and Square games, among others.
Hell, look at the Medal of Honor games, thats done by the Northwest Sinfonia (80 peice orchestra), later added was the Northwest Boy's Choir (maybe a dozen or two kids).

These are also creepy console games which sell in massive quantities to young children who can convince their parents to buy most anything. I'm sure the market for Final Fantasy music is quite larger than WC's, not to even mention the international differences and those crazy Japanese. I just don't think you can really compare these things.

Ace?

Ace, we live in a world where we have an Acapella version of the music to Bubble Bobble! Where I have a garage band playing the theme from Contra and the Pixies playing the theme from NARC!

If that's possible...

-J

So how plays an istrument then??? Also if they all recorded at a high sample rate then would be used then that might help. Plus if they played to a beat then the tempo should be fixed. Good point about the Microphones though. Well we'll find out when pleople set in some samples. But i bet they might want to know what they should play so we should continue this when we get the music sheats as we will succed.

Perhaps a High School band wouldl like to do it. Some of the highschool bands are very very good. I'll post an mp3 of my band up later. You would have to get a north texas band to do it though. The best bands come from there. Ask any high school director that knows what he's talking about and he/she will tell you that the best bands come from texas.

Zor, we've been through this several times. I suggested the High School band thing several posts ago. Nothing new there. But we sill don't have sheet music to do it with.

-J

Originally posted by Zor Prime
You would have to get a north texas band to do it though. The best bands come from there. Ask any high school director that knows what he's talking about and he/she will tell you that the best bands come from texas.

I don't know why I find this statement so hilarious...although it's probably because it makes absolutely no sense.

I think it's been scientificly proven that the best composers are from outside the US. David Arnold, Elmer Berstein, Bernard Herrmann...U2...um, Sheep on Drugs...

uh...

I need a drink. Who's with me!

-J

Composers and bands are two different things. but I do agree w/ you. And yes the space marshal thing threw me off. So ace, whats makes no sense?

I think it's been scientificly proven that the best composers are from outside the US. David Arnold, Elmer Berstein, Bernard Herrmann...U2...um, Sheep on Drugs...

Hmm...Bernard Herrmann and Elmer Berstein are American...not to mention Aaron Copland, John Williams and Leonard Bernstein. So what are you talking about?

What makes no sense kris?

Hi I'm ace Hyphen One. Your previous statment was declared hilarious due to it's absolute absurdity. I'm sure that there are great high school bands around the country and assigning superiority to a single region makes no logical sense.

Originally posted by Zor Prime
trust me. I'll post a sample later.

Hmm...but I neither trust you nor think I'll agree with you. If you'd said, "hey I've got a great high school band!" I'd have thought, "neat". But instead for some reason your claimed that the whole of northern Texas was not only some fantastic breeding ground for exceptional musicianship, but it was to such an extent that school teachers whispered to each other about it's magnificence. I believe you've got a great high school band. I'll even believe there are some other great high school bands in northern Texas, but I really won't stop laughing at your claims.

you're being rather stupid... it's like me saying

HAHA! ALL THE SMARTESTSTST PEOPLE COME FROM VANCOUVER! EVERYONE KNOWS IT, EVEN IF THEY DON'T TELL YOU! HAHAHA! THE TEACHERS ALL SAY THAT!

It's rather stupid, and obviously wrong, since there must be smart people elsewhere as well.

TC

Back