WC4 Mod For Homeworld 2 In The Works (June 5, 2006)

I imagine he just moved the necessary .rar file to the appropiate folder by way of alt+tab or my favorite the windows key.

Or he may have fixed the loader. I mean he is a NASA programmer who probably eats launchers and loaders for lunch....no breakfast. :D

Huh? I just copied over the file to the proper directory, nothing special here.

/homeworld2/bin/release

Wow, it takes that long to upload a file with a high-speed connection.

:eek: *gasp* imagine uploading that with dial-up *faints*

At least I have DSL now, so there won'tl be any problems getting the RG christmas gift uploaded this year.

nombres

Fleet Commander (as is)
Fleet Commander: The Border Worlds Conflict
Fleet Commander: Monster in the Dark
Fleet Commander: The Last Hurrah
Fleet Commander: Cold Steel
Fleet Commander: Pebbles in the Sand
Fleet Commander: No where left to die
Fleet Commander: Generals
Fleet Commander: Red Alert
Fleet Commander: Death from Above
Fleet Commander: Rain of Fire
Fleet Commander: Insurgency
Fleet Commander: Dichotomy of Ethos
Fleet Commander: Destruction of Rationale

Well everyone, I've been a visitor to Wing Commander CIC since 1998, almost visiting an average of every couple of weeks. I've never posted on any of these forums, but have been a long time visitor and avid WC fan.
I've decided to come out from the shadows and use my first post to express my amazment of this mod.
I'd like to say that by observing this thread I can say that czacen has done an absolutely fantastic job with this mod. My gratitude goes out to czacen and anyone else who has been involved in this project, something that will surely provide many hours of entertainment for so many wing commander fans.
If this site, and fan projects like this have taught anything it is that a passion for wing commander is still out there even after so many years.

Sheldo86. :)

I got it working!

Attention!

I got the mod preview working!
I installed HW2 in using the directory C:\Homeworld2.
I have not updated HW2 to 1.1 at all.

put the wc4.exe in the bin/release folder still. Then launch the launcher and see if it works...

I hope that helps, thank you...

And thank you so much for the mod preview... I have been waiting for this mod for a long, long time...

:D

I have a suggestion for the name of this mod.

Wing Commander IV: The Path to Glory / Wing Commander: The Path to Glory
Wing Commander IV: The Path to Victory / Wing Commander: The Path to Victory
Wing Commander IV: The Path to Ruin / Wing Commander: The Path to Ruin

I just tried the Confederation. It is like a dream come true! I am very fond of the
Concordia Class Fleet Carrier. But sad to say is that there is no Vesuvius Class
Super Carrier. I suggest adding it into Confed's Capships.

btw the interface only works at 1280x960. other res support is not included as yet. i HIGHLY Recomend that the mod be played at 1280x960 resolution to enjoy it fully. glad to hear its working. some guys on the relic forums are having trouble playing as Border worlds. anybody here have the same issue? lehah is the mod working on your system?

btw thanks for the kind words sheldo, but i think equal praise goes to howard day, eddieb, saga team and the many other hard working modders and their great mods that keep the game alive, and of course the fans who are soo appreciative and supportive. :)

btw the interface only works at 1280x960. other res support is not included as yet.

So you're going to include other resolution levels to the mod? Fantastic. I was actually going to ask you this but you beat me to it.

some guys on the relic forums are having trouble playing as Border worlds

I was talking to someone while they were trying out the mod and said that the game would crash if he tried to play as the Black Lance. I assured him this is because that part of the mod isn't quite finished yet. (Please tell me I'm right?)

However, he was able to get Border Worlds working.

lehah is the mod working on your system?

I'm on lunch at work while I write this. Former CZ member and internet jerk WildWeasel/mercury got the mod up and running this morning and sent me some gorgeous pics via email.

I'll be sure to download the new Beta file and fire it up when I get home. Cheers, mate.

man i wish we could see those pics, i wish i had a place that ppl could post pics like they do with the star wars warlords mod. but then again those guys have their own site with a gallery. nevertheless ppl shld feel free to link us to pics they make with the mod and post them here. it would be rewarding fo me to see ppl enjoying the mod so far. Lehah you're right. trying to play Black Lance will crash since their faction is incomplete.

If this can help, here is what I did to solve the problem (The launcher did nothing new to HW2 when I first used it) :

First, I moved the wca.rar in the "Data" folder.

Then, I created a shortcut for HW2

In this shortcut, I changed the "Target" :

"C:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe" -mod wca.rar

Now it works perfectly.

End of technical part.

@czacen : absolutely fantastic. Even if this is a pre-beta (alpha ?), it is beyond my wildest dreams about a WC mod for HW2 : musics, voices, ships, everything is already perfect.
Continue, it's really a great job.

@everyone else : If you haven't tested it, try the main campaign with the mod, from the second (or more) mission : Your Hiigara's Pride will be able to build Confed ships (everything except the cruiser), and the Hgn research will be replaced by Confed ones. So, let kick some Vaygr *** with your brand-new Excaliburs and Longbows !!

I got the new release to work fine, just ran the EXE and clicked Launch.
It looks gorgeous...

I have played Confed, only, in a skirmish game (i.e., no enemy AI), and it was pretty interesting.

I have two suggestions:
- The little help text for each craft should focus on telling what is the craft good for...

- The starbase should be able to build at least frigates and destoyers.

Otherwise, a great mod!

Back