WC4 Mod For Homeworld 2 In The Works (June 5, 2006)

ok ppl i need to check something. the problem is one of 2 things. difference in install path, (i doubt since the machine where the loader was written had hw2 in a different path from where mine is at home and it works on both machines). try reinstalling hw2 to c:\homeworld2\...
or else just check if the following action is being performed by the loader:
1)after executing the wc4.exe and hitting launch on the loader a file named wca.rar shld be built right next to the wc4.exe file in the \release\ folder. if this file is not being built then the mod will not load. pls verify to see if this file is being built. you might have to alt-tab to the browser window to see the wca.rar since closing hw2 removes this file when its unwanted later.

I wanted to thank czacen for trying so hard to not only fix this apparent bug but to answer all these sudden posts.

lehah, camelpope can you please look in the bin/release folder and check to see if there is a hw2.log file in there. can you post what is in the hw2.log file

Tue Nov 28 20:17:34 2006
Loaded Archive: 'Homeworld2.big'
UTIL -- filepath failure, path doesn't exists 'C:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\data\locale\english'
Loaded Archive: 'english.big'
Failed to Load Archive 'C:\PROGRAM FILES\SIERRA\HOMEWORLD2\DATA\C:\Program'
Uing ..profiles\ for profiles folder
GAME -- Using player profile Tasker
Changing from a 32 bit colour depth in winNT (5.1 build 2600), Service Pack 2
Using NVIDIA Corporation's 2.0.1 GeForce 6800/PCI/SSE2 renderer (Suspected driver is nvoglnt.dll 6.14.10.8421)
Loaded Archive: 'englishSpeech.big'
Loaded Archive: 'Music.big'
SOUND -- created destination [ fdaudio ], handle [ 4 ] with [ 48 ] channels created
SOUND -- created destination [ fda streamer ], handle [ 5 ] with [ 8 ] channels created
Build name: The Dust Wars - AutoBuild3569 - Ordered by smmatte
Built by : mrbuild
Data path : C:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\data
Resetting fp control word.
CmdLine: -mod C:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\wca.RAR -Refresh 75

lehah run the launcher and then alt-tab to the bin\release\ folder, copy the wca.rar file and paste it into the homeworld2\data\ folder. close the game, close the laucher and then rerun the launcher and see if it works. problem is in the loader somewhere can quite find it.

Tue Nov 28 17:40:19 2006
Loaded Archive: 'Homeworld2.big'
UTIL -- filepath failure, path doesn't exists 'C:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\data\locale\english'
Loaded Archive: 'english.big'
Failed to Load Archive 'C:\PROGRAM FILES\SIERRA\HOMEWORLD2\DATA\C:\Program'
LOCALIZER -- Failed to load file LOCALE:resource.ucs due to overlapping range with LOCALE:ships.ucs
Uing ..profiles\ for profiles folder
GAME -- Using player profile Flager
Changing from a 32 bit colour depth in winNT (5.1 build 2600), Service Pack 2
Using ATI Technologies Inc.'s 2.0.6067 WinXP Release MOBILITY RADEON X700 x86/SSE2 renderer (Suspected driver is atioglxx.dll 6.14.10.6067)
Loaded Archive: 'englishSpeech.big'
Loaded Archive: 'Music.big'
SOUND -- created destination [ fdaudio ], handle [ 4 ] with [ 48 ] channels created
SOUND -- created destination [ fda streamer ], handle [ 5 ] with [ 8 ] channels created
Build name: The Dust Wars - AutoBuild3569 - Ordered by smmatte
Built by : mrbuild
Data path : C:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\data
No mapping for font 'GenericSubtitleFont' - using 'default'
Resetting fp control word.
CmdLine: -mod C:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\wca.RAR -Refresh 75
ChangeDisplaySettings:The computer must be restarted in order for the graphics mode to work.

the error is in the log file, its repeating the archive path when it searches for it (5th line). this is a loader problem. i am fixing it right now.

ok problem is fixed. as per log file check it seems ok here. im re-uploading it. sadly this will take 3 hrs. so please check back then. in the meantime i am deleting the existing file on filefront and i apologise for the inconvenience. chris please take down the current file from wcnews, so sorry for this.
- aaron

You're to be commended on your quick work in fixing this. Many thanks.

Wow nice work, the graphics are great. I didn't quite get to combat, but it looks and plays very nice so far. You might consider asking for your own forum now.

Back