WC4 Mod For Homeworld 2 In The Works (June 5, 2006)

@ChrisReid: there is something else I thought about, for the models we have. With this mod, we are kinda compiling some of the best usable models and textures for Wing Commander units, and I think it would be sensible to transfer to the CIC all of the assets I accumulated for the mod's creation once we finish it. Textures, models, etc., for archival on your drives. Each model and texture has been made by one of various individuals or teams, who would need to give their approval for use in other projects, thus why I would list, for every file, the creator, but for pure archival and safekeeping, I think it would be alright. These files plus a few low-profile extremely useful 3D management software systems could be a good addition to your archives, don't you think so?

Yeah, that sounds good. We can definitely archive the files when the time comes. If there are creators that have specifically preapproved use of their assets, that could be something that's noted.

Last edited:
Yeah, that sounds good. We can definitely archive the files when the time comes. If there are creators that have specifically preapproved use of their assets, that could be something that's noted.
I couldn't say who did that right now... Though, at the moment, our models come from czacen (but are being phased out), the WC Saga team and DefianceIndustries. I have a bunch of models from Klavs too, but I haven't integrated any in the mod yet: they are too heavy and detailled for that! ^^

Can someone else confirm that the Lexington class carrier builds fighters a wee bit too fast?

I noticed last night that I had a wing of 16 Thunderbolts in less than 10 seconds...

No, it's just that those elves Captain Eisen requisitioned are finally here...
Nah, those are only on the Intrepid (fairies, actually), according to Intel file 4.123106. :-P

On a more mod-related note, I'm right now a bit away from it both because of my PhD, X-COM 2 and the patch to come. Unless I get some crazy lightbulb turning on for some really good feature, I think I'll be keeping low on the mod front until either the patch is released (so I actually know what I have to work on and fix) or the PhD is done (should be in May), whichever comes first.

I'm trying to decide which aliens I hate most, the Gatekeepers or the new Sectopods. Probably the Sectopods since they can basically wipe your squad in a few turns if you let them, or while you're focusing your fire on them, a stupid sectoid or elite trooper flanks you and murders your medic...

I'm trying to decide which aliens I hate most, the Gatekeepers or the new Sectopods. Probably the Sectopods since they can basically wipe your squad in a few turns if you let them, or while you're focusing your fire on them, a stupid sectoid or elite trooper flanks you and murders your medic...
By the way, would it be possible for you to model every single ship ingame for X-COM 2 so we can integrate a tactical layer for Marine boarding actions in the mod? I would require fully textured and animated characters for all factions too. If it can be done before the week-end, it would be awesome, thanks!

:-P

Congratulations on your Award L.I.F. ! We love when the hard work and effort of a fellow Wingnut is recognized. It keeps the Wing Commander spirit alive.
Good Job!

the MaslasBros

Congratulations on your Award L.I.F. ! We love when the hard work and effort of a fellow Wingnut is recognized. It keeps the Wing Commander spirit alive.
Good Job!

the MaslasBros
Thanks! I haven't had time to test Flat Universe yet (nor much of Flag Commander either, to be honest), but I'll definitely give it a spin when things get clearer on my side. :)

Back