wc3,4,armada meshes for flightcmdr

hakatsuru

Swabbie
Banned
Ok. This is probably really easy to explain, but I downloaded those three programs, and ran them. They all ran with errors, so I'm like okay. I go to mess around and figure things out, when I find a victory.ship.xml file with the variables set and everything. I look in the mesh file, and they are all converted.

So I copied the code from the victory.ship.xml to my shrike file, and when I go to run the mission, the movie plays, and then it just become reeeeeeeeaaaaaaallllllllll sllllloooooowwwwww..... When it kicks you back to windows before the mission briefing. They error message I got was that it can't find "vic_bridgedm0.bmp".

Going back to re-read your tutorial...

Once again, Thanks for everything!
 

eddieb

Vice Admiral
hakatsuru said:
The 3d converter I use only counts the polys.... How do I get the number of texels, normals and faces?
Don't use obj2xml. Follow the instructions on the link I gave you above.
 

hakatsuru

Swabbie
Banned
can you explain that MatToBmp program to me in great detail please? I'm kinda dumb.

My iffreader recycles 4 .mat files

55040
55041
55156
55157

I type MatToBmp 55040 and its all like "cannot find file". I have the program in the same folder as my mats are.

An
 

eddieb

Vice Admiral
hakatsuru said:
can you explain that MatToBmp program to me in great detail please? I'm kinda dumb.

My iffreader recycles 4 .mat files

55040
55041
55156
55157

I type MatToBmp 55040 and its all like "cannot find file". I have the program in the same folder as my mats are.

An
No, you just need more confidence and the perseverence to try things for yourself, and not always rely on others to do your work for you. Did you run my alpha extractor? that should convert the mats for you to pngs. You can then save pngs as bmps. Also, try to be a detective. If it doesn't find a file name 55040, did you look in the mat directory and see what the file was actually named? Do you think passing in the actual file name might help?
 

hakatsuru

Swabbie
Banned
Yeah, I get an error message...

alphaextractor.exe - Unable To Locate Component

This application has failed to start because MSTVCRTD.dll was not found Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Well, I re-installed it, and I get the same message. Any ideas?
 

hakatsuru

Swabbie
Banned
Fixed the problem; googled the .dll and found it. Now the only problem I have is that whenever I try to run alphaextractor, it cant find any .iff files.... when theres a whole gob of them in the file!
 

hakatsuru

Swabbie
Banned
I converted 00055040 okay, but when I went ahead and tried to convert 00055041 it said:

Writing PAL: internal pal...
Writing Pixels...
Error in MAT file!

0 files converted

I will try other strategies to correct this.
 

hakatsuru

Swabbie
Banned
yeah.... all of the .mat's above 00055040 are giving me back errors.... I tried converting them in paint, but that didn't work...
 

eddieb

Vice Admiral
For what it's worth, I couldn't convert those other mats either. But at least you see how it goes for the one mat you did extract correctly. If you're a beginner, importing a new capship is probably not the place to start. Start simple, design some missions and a campaign first using existing ships.
 

hakatsuru

Swabbie
Banned
Already made my own campaigns. That was the one with the ships from all of the games, not relevant to a single event or timeline.

I'm now working on a campaign that follows the TCS Invincible right before the Kilrah Bombing run.
 

hakatsuru

Swabbie
Banned
Got it all to work! I just converted the rest of the .mats to bmp using mspaint, and stole the 2d image from your ship pack. The only problem I am having, its taking like 2 minutes between the time the movie ends, to the time of the briefing, and whenever I'm in the same nav point as the Ranger, it'll freeze for for like a minute... whenever I regain control, i'm like 30 thousand klicks away... I was thinking memory problems, what do you think?
 

eddieb

Vice Admiral
hakatsuru said:
Already made my own campaigns. That was the one with the ships from all of the games, not relevant to a single event or timeline.

I'm now working on a campaign that follows the TCS Invincible right before the Kilrah Bombing run.
Please do send me whatever you've got.
 

eddieb

Vice Admiral
hakatsuru said:
Got it all to work! I just converted the rest of the .mats to bmp using mspaint, and stole the 2d image from your ship pack. The only problem I am having, its taking like 2 minutes between the time the movie ends, to the time of the briefing, and whenever I'm in the same nav point as the Ranger, it'll freeze for for like a minute... whenever I regain control, i'm like 30 thousand klicks away... I was thinking memory problems, what do you think?
Send it over, I'll have a look.
 

hakatsuru

Swabbie
Banned
eddieb said:
Send it over, I'll have a look.
The Campaigns I were originally modding got deleted, so I can't send you any of that. I can however send you the thing I'm working on. I'll send it via my yahoo email address sys74656
 

hakatsuru

Swabbie
Banned
hakatsuru said:
The Campaigns I were originally modding got deleted, so I can't send you any of that. I can however send you the thing I'm working on. I'll send it via my yahoo email address sys74656
Yeah... yahoo only supports up to 10 megs....

Zipped, my fc.zip file is 250 megs... How do I get it over to you?

And how would I go about creating special comms?
 

eddieb

Vice Admiral
hakatsuru said:
Yeah... yahoo only supports up to 10 megs....

Zipped, my fc.zip file is 250 megs... How do I get it over to you?

And how would I go about creating special comms?

Don't know about the space, special comms are just ordinary wav files, use the missione editor. What could possibly be taking up that much space? I'd just like to get your missions, and any files I didn't already give you .
 

hakatsuru

Swabbie
Banned
eddieb said:
Don't know about the space, special comms are just ordinary wav files, use the missione editor. What could possibly be taking up that much space? I'd just like to get your missions, and any files I didn't already give you .
So far, I've just been editing 3 missions, but I want to overhaul them so they'd fit more with my WC3 theme.....
 
Top