wc3,4,armada meshes for flightcmdr

hakatsuru

Swabbie
Banned
eddieb said:
Sounds like you're trying to use the old converter. You don't need to convert to bins, Flight Commander can open up natively .obj files with no conversion. Look at the .mat file, and make sure each material has a texture file associated with it.
Heheheh, yeah, I was playin around with the converter... I'll remember that whenever I begin modelling... I was playin around with different ships/themes, and I thought I should do a WC3 side story that eventually ends up with the battle of kilrah.... I replaced the midway with a Ranger class light carrier, and I tried to land on it, but it wouldn't let me....

I replaced the shrike with the image of a ranger.... I'm guessing thats it, but I can't be sure. What can I do to set it up so I can land on the ranger/vesuvius/blcarrier?

Thanks.
 

eddieb

Vice Admiral
hakatsuru said:
I replaced the shrike with the image of a ranger.... I'm guessing thats it, but I can't be sure. What can I do to set it up so I can land on the ranger/vesuvius/blcarrier?
Thanks.
The ship you land on has to be a capship.
 

hakatsuru

Swabbie
Banned
eddieb said:
The ship you land on has to be a capship.
oh so.... I have to say its a capship in the .mission or whatever... Got it. Is there away I can get the ranger light carrier that Ranger's Glory has in it? I know its a ranger... or maybe not. Anywho, it looks cool.

Is there a way to change the joystick settings, or is it set in stone?

And for the love of me, I can't get the java mission editor to work.... I run cmd from the command line, I go to where it is and try to run it, but its just not going!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

eddieb

Vice Admiral
hakatsuru said:
oh so.... I have to say its a capship in the .mission or whatever... Got it. Is there away I can get the ranger light carrier that Ranger's Glory has in it? I know its a ranger... or maybe not. Anywho, it looks cool.

Is there a way to change the joystick settings, or is it set in stone?

And for the love of me, I can't get the java mission editor to work.... I run cmd from the command line, I go to where it is and try to run it, but its just not going!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Joystick settings are hardwired. Ask on the Ranger's Glory forum, as far as the model. Saying AAAAAAAAAAAh doesn't help me. You need to be specific about what you're doing, and what messages are printed.
 

hakatsuru

Swabbie
Banned
eddieb said:
Joystick settings are hardwired. Ask on the Ranger's Glory forum, as far as the model. Saying AAAAAAAAAAAh doesn't help me. You need to be specific about what you're doing, and what messages are printed.
Do I just insert a hanger and its values towards the end of the code? or what?

As for the mission editor, this is what I have.

I have it in a folder inside my Flight Commander folder. There are 30 files. 22 Class files, a META-INF folder, and 7 text files.

I type CMD in the run prompt, and direct it to my Mission Editor folder, and run mission editor.bat. I get the message:

Frame <Unsupported major.minor version 49.0>
at java.lang.Classloader.defineClass0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Classloader.defineClass(unknown Source)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)

then it kicks me back to the command line.

Hope this helps :)

EDIT:
for some reason, its separating what I typed.
 

hakatsuru

Swabbie
Banned
eddieb said:
Sounds like you're trying to use the old converter. You don't need to convert to bins, Flight Commander can open up natively .obj files with no conversion. Look at the .mat file, and make sure each material has a texture file associated with it.
what about a .3ds? What do I have to do with that? just change the suffix to .obj and thats it? how do I look at the .mat file? I'm using the ranger mesh I got from the CIC...
 

eddieb

Vice Admiral
hakatsuru said:
what about a .3ds? What do I have to do with that? just change the suffix to .obj and thats it? how do I look at the .mat file? I'm using the ranger mesh I got from the CIC...
No, you need to google for a way to convert it. To look at mats get thomas bruckners tool.
 

hakatsuru

Swabbie
Banned
eddieb said:
No, you need to google for a way to convert it. To look at mats get thomas bruckners tool.
I googled "Thomas Brucker .mat" and I got something about programming WCP...

Where can I get that .mat viewer?
 

hakatsuru

Swabbie
Banned
eddieb said:
Sounds like you're trying to use the old converter. You don't need to convert to bins, Flight Commander can open up natively .obj files with no conversion. Look at the .mat file, and make sure each material has a texture file associated with it.
And what if the .mats have no texures?
 

hakatsuru

Swabbie
Banned
and how do you make something a cap ship?

Isn't it something like...

<capship num_components="7">
</capship>

?

But what if you don't want any components can't you just set it to zero, or for it to be able to BE a capship, it has to have components?
 

eddieb

Vice Admiral
hakatsuru said:
and how do you make something a cap ship?

Isn't it something like...

<capship num_components="7">
</capship>

?

But what if you don't want any components can't you just set it to zero, or for it to be able to BE a capship, it has to have components?
It must have components. Did you try converting this one?
http://killerwave.solsector.net/victory_capship.zip

Or what you can do if you know how to edit 3d models is split up the model into separate components.
 

hakatsuru

Swabbie
Banned
eddieb said:
It must have components. Did you try converting this one?
http://killerwave.solsector.net/victory_capship.zip

Or what you can do if you know how to edit 3d models is split up the model into separate components.
I forgot where I got the mesh.... The only thing I want out of it is something that isn't directly ripped. I'm enthralled with the fighter craft, but the Ranger Carrier leaves something to be desired... No offense or anything, I just want something that you have to fly inside of to land.

I downloaded that Victory from Killerwaves page, but how do I work it? What do I put in to the .ship.xml and where?

I have a converter that converts over 400 file types, but .IFF doesn't seem to be one of them.... Any suggestions?

One other thing.... all of the files are .IFF... am I supposed to convert them all to .obj, stick the files in meshes folder under the component portion of the .ship.xml, and the actual Victory.iff, convert it, then stick it under the ship mesh?
 

hakatsuru

Swabbie
Banned
hakatsuru said:
I forgot where I got the mesh.... The only thing I want out of it is something that isn't directly ripped. I'm enthralled with the fighter craft, but the Ranger Carrier leaves something to be desired... No offense or anything, I just want something that you have to fly inside of to land.

I downloaded that Victory from Killerwaves page, but how do I work it? What do I put in to the .ship.xml and where?

I have a converter that converts over 400 file types, but .IFF doesn't seem to be one of them.... Any suggestions?

One other thing.... all of the files are .IFF... am I supposed to convert them all to .obj, stick the files in meshes folder under the component portion of the .ship.xml, and the actual Victory.iff, convert it, then stick it under the ship mesh?
http://wcmdf.solsector.net/confed_capships_hi.htm

Thats where I got the Ranger Class carrier. It has textures, I just don't know how to apply them.
 

eddieb

Vice Admiral
hakatsuru said:
I forgot where I got the mesh.... The only thing I want out of it is something that isn't directly ripped. I'm enthralled with the fighter craft, but the Ranger Carrier leaves something to be desired... No offense or anything, I just want something that you have to fly inside of to land.

I downloaded that Victory from Killerwaves page, but how do I work it? What do I put in to the .ship.xml and where?

I have a converter that converts over 400 file types, but .IFF doesn't seem to be one of them.... Any suggestions?

One other thing.... all of the files are .IFF... am I supposed to convert them all to .obj, stick the files in meshes folder under the component portion of the .ship.xml, and the actual Victory.iff, convert it, then stick it under the ship mesh?
For existing wc prophecy iff ships, use my mesh converter. Keep in mind, nobody has ever created a capship from scratch from a 3d model. Its best to use a ship already imported into prophecy. Otherwise, you'd need some 3d modeling skills to separate the model into components yourself.

http://flightcommander.solsector.net/shipimportdoc.html
 

hakatsuru

Swabbie
Banned
eddieb said:
For existing wc prophecy iff ships, use my mesh converter. Keep in mind, nobody has ever created a capship from scratch from a 3d model. Its best to use a ship already imported into prophecy. Otherwise, you'd need some 3d modeling skills to separate the model into components yourself.

http://flightcommander.solsector.net/shipimportdoc.html
The 3d converter I use only counts the polys.... How do I get the number of texels, normals and faces?
 
Top