WC1 and WC2 Mod Projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That re-make Ralari looks like a Vionian Cruiser from Escape Velocity.

And what's wrong with super thin parts on star ships? Does everything have to be 100 decks thick to be plausible? Jezz I'd hate to have you guys get a hold of the first two USS Enterprises... or any of the later models for that matter.

t.c.cgi said:
That re-make Ralari looks like a Vionian Cruiser from Escape Velocity.

And what's wrong with super thin parts on star ships? Does everything have to be 100 decks thick to be plausible? Jezz I'd hate to have you guys get a hold of the first two USS Enterprises... or any of the later models for that matter.

Vionian Cruiser?

I guess I'll have to check that up. You got any pictures?

-Concordia

I'm just dropping by this stupid, stupid, stupid thread to quote something I saw which is just so blatantly stupid it actually made me waste a few minutes of my time laughing at it.

Nop even chris [Roberts] isnt allowed to do what ever he wants...
(...)
Well even the "Master" of WC seams not to follown any rules....

Except the WC universe's rules are his to make, since it's all his creation. Geez, I don't know, but I'm pretty sure the WC universe is made of what Chris Roberts thinks, not of what some so-called WC fan thinks.

If you really think Chris Roberts screwed up and something needs to be reworked here and there, then you're thinking about your own made-up stupid little space sim that just happens to borrow everything else from WC - it still IS NOT AND WILL NEVER BE WC, though, since your Ralari has triangle thingies on the tips of it's wings, and Mr. Roberts's doesn't. And WC is his creation, not yours.

LOAF is totally right that if you don't have a time machine to go back and convince the people who actually created WC to do something different, then any changes you want to make are NOT ACCEPTABLE and will just create something that's your own little distorted version of WC... Which I'm sure all of you idiots will think it's OOOOHH SOO MUCH BETTER than the original for this or that reason. Yawn. Next time, think stuff like this up a couple of decades in advance, and somebody might actually give a shit.

Frosty said:
Here is a link to a list of Escape Velocity ships.

Thanks Frosty. I was wrong, it was the Frigate it reminds me of. You know how it is, the only ships you want to keep straight are the Wing Commander ones. :D

Frosty said:
I think the Dralthi is too curvy and old-fashioned. I've taken the liberty of sketching out how it should look...

I'm going to pull out your bowels and deep-fry your genitals if you do that to the Dralthi.

Woolie Wool said:
I'm going to pull out your bowels and deep-fry your genitals if you do that to the Dralthi.

But I thought that fan projects are supposed to be "broad-minded" and "open to new ideas" :(

WC interpretations such Frosty's represents the engine of change; it always seeks to push the WC culture forward, to advance and evolve. But people who are die-hard WC-ers are ignorant, close-minded cold-hearted evil-doing bigots. They don't like change. They fight a perpetual holding action that it knows it can't win because nothing stays the same forever. People like them are the brakemen on the train, never stopping forward progress completely, but keeping the pace slow enough that the engine doesn't jump the tracks.

*as you can see, this post was made to be very sarcastic and cynical as well as to poke fun at certain stupid WC haters*

stay the fuck away from remodelling the ships, eder has shown the way, quit fucking with things you obviously don't understand.

What???

As no one here owns the rights of intelectual property, nobody can say anything about creating new models, or adapt old ones to new standards, i'm 30 years old, layer, and i own an original copy of every wing commander game that was released, buyed by the time of release.

If i want to change something for my own pleasure, creating new models and releasing a FREE game, it's my bussines, and as i own a game developing company, there is no big deal, even if i like, and as soon as i have enough capital, i'm planning to buy the franchise.

You don't like it?, too bad, you like it, good, after all, i'm prepared to get to court if it is necessary..., after all, the one who owns the rights, can close al the "fan projects" for violation of intelectual property, so back off....

I derive great satisfaction in posting an anti-WC fanboy response, but this is not the place to do it, since this is a thread several months old that was dug up. I hope some admin closes this thread.

I've always said this community could use some more "layers".

Thread closed because it's several months old and because it's incredibly stupid. That's like when you get two bases in baseball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back