WC1 and WC2 Mod Projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Dralthi is too curvy and old-fashioned. I've taken the liberty of sketching out how it should look...

Attachments

• dralthi.png
    dralthi.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 165
gevatter Lars said:
Looks intresting...with that little changes the ship could get rid of the "to big fighter" look.

That's what bothered me about the original Ralari design. It looked like a WC1 fighter scaled up 10 times. I just wanted it to look like a capital ship and not like a fighter on steroids.

Col.Dom said:
I liked the way it combined the original design with the WC3 aesthetic. Very nicely done.

Thank you.

gevatter Lars said:
I just hope that Conny makes a better, more detailed drawing so that you can get a much better idea of what it will look like.
The topview isn't very helpfull in case ti should be modeled.

You do realize that drawing took like a minute or two to draw up right?

I'm thinking up more detailed schematics. The basic drawing had been in my head at least a day or two prior to me drawing it (The post that LOAF said I was stupid over and over again was the day I came up with the idea). I was actually in the gym locker room and I was thinking of how to make that design look better... weird huh. The problem was those prongs and I just thought the large guns didn't look right and instead I just thought of changing the prongs into the Sorthak's shape, and the fixed gun-mounts (The long barrels) making a dog-tooth out of them sounded cool and in my head I came up with all these ideas...

I also, when I got home, looked at the regular Ralari for comparison and sketched that up...

gevatter Lars said:
Not very good pic that I have got, but it shows the basic shape for the ralari..think its topview.

It is top-view.

-Concordia

Mh Concordia gets her best ideas when LOAF grumbles about here...LOAF do more...get here realy mad maybe then we get realy good designs ^_^

Well just joking....

I have just also taken a look at the original design and well...its to flat, don't you think?
I mean where do they supose to place quarters when most of the space is allready taken up by the engines....well since logic dosn't count for SF lets just wait...maybe conny will get something better then the last Pic...even if its a good start it had to be a more...well clearer drawing.

While we are on the changing topic...does anyone knows what these vibrators on the Gilgamesh are good for?
If not I would realy say...cut them out. The design looks quite good without these things.
Here Pic for those who don't remember the look.
wc2gilgamesh.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Concordia, but you won't apply your changes to the WC Saga mod nor will you take away my job as the WC Saga Technical Advisor. (and Lars, don't even think about having another "poll" in the dev forum like you've been doing lately) Unlike you . . . I actually give a shit about WC. Now piss off.

Groan.

This is insane - the look of the Ralari isn't some sort of crazy technological limitation... the Ralari looks exactly the way it's supposed to. Here's the proof.

Let me again reiterate: unless you have access to a time machine and are willing to go back and let people in 1989 know that the Ralari design absolutely must be changed, then you should LEAVE IT ALONE. It's over, it's finished and most of all it's NOT YOURS TO CHANGE.

If you truly love triangles, make your own damn triangle ship. Write your own damn triangle fiction to go with the triangle ship. It can be crewed by triangle aliens, if you want. There's plenty of room to play in the Wing Commander universe - but it's unecessary and downright offensive to go around re-designing things and claiming *you* know better (as an aside, you don't). But don't take *someone elses* ship, ruin the hell out of it and act like you had to.

While we are on the changing topic...does anyone knows what these vibrators on the Gilgamesh are good for?

Big Unnamed Guns - the purpose of Wing Commander capital ships is usually for bombarding planets... we just don't usually see it. The Gilgamesh' tubes are the equivalent of the Tiger's Claws "arms" or the 'outgrowths' on various Nephilim warships.

Mh Psych do you ever read your own postings or listen to anyone?

1)
I actually give a shit about WC

Saing something like this would realy put you at the end of the list of person for beeing a technical advisors. I think you meant something different...mybe you should correct it.

2) I allready told you that my interest in concordias stuff is private...that I am also part of WC Saga has nothing to do with it. (more or less)
About the poll stuff...we only had the discussion of the Sorthak turrets where your posting was there reason of a little missunderstanding, but that has allready been solved...things like missunderstandings happen from time to time...special when you don't speak the nativ language of the other person.

3) You are our technical advisor and I don't see any reason to change that, so shouting at someone else for no reason is quite a stupid thing....or do you fear anything?

LOAF - Greetings from the TCS Tiger claw. As per Your "ship designs must not be changed" idea.

Chris Roberts is certainly allowed to do whatever he wants to the WC universe. Random teenage boys are not. :)

Nop even chris isnt allowed to do what ever he wants...look at the movie and don't tell me that you like it and would want to change a thing here and there.
Personly I thought that they should change the Claw, Concordia, Rapiers...and do I remember it right that we have there some Broadswords?

Well even the "Master" of WC seams not to follown any rules....

Beside that as mentioned above... WC Saga will NOT change anything. We will use the original models as in the books.

I'm not sure I follow that logic. *I* may not like those changes... but it was still up to Chris to make them.

And when he tells you to jump from a bridge or that Kilrathis are small little pets then you would belive it?

Well I think that we could bring this topic to a more productive level if everyone who isn't interested in it just leaves.
Seams as if here are some people who like to think of a Wing Commander with only 1 shipdesigner and not the X shipdesigners WC had over the years.
Everyone else can read the postings, but please stop bothering the other people ok?

I think is just fair...let us dream our dreams and we let you dream yours.

And when he tells you to jump from a bridge or that Kilrathis are small little pets then you would belive it?

The validity of the movie is an entirely different topic - one being discussed in the regular Chat Zone as we speak. I think it's pretty clear, though, that *Chris Roberts* has a lot more say over the makeup of the Wing Commander universe than does *Concordia*. If you have any proof to the contrary, I'm happy to listen to it.

Well I think that we could bring this topic to a more productive level if everyone who isn't interested in it just leaves.

Everyone is welcome to post whatever they like to this or any thread at the forums. There'll be no "agree with me or leave!" here.

Seams as if here are some people who like to think of a Wing Commander with only 1 shipdesigner and not the X shipdesigners WC had over the years.

Why? In what universe would only *one* person (or company, or whatever) design ships?

Lars, when I was showing "I actually give a shit about WC", it was NOT towards you. I had put my message to you in "( )" because it was an off-comment. The message was directed to Concordia.

Well its quite obvius that Chris has more to say that Conncordia...nothing against that point, but what Concordia is trying to do...well what I think she wants to archive..is to give the entire thing a more general common look.
We know from different sources how Kilrathi build there ships. So why not taking these knowledge...witch is also from Chris...and take it over to the entire timeline.
You see we follow what Chris made, but in a way you don't seams to like..that your personel choise, but I like to think of making things different.
Beside that....we can always go back to the basic design if we don't like it...so whats the problem?

Everyone is welcome to post whatever they like to this or any thread at the forums. There'll be no "agree with me or leave!" here.

Well one or the other person here would allready been warned that his/her posting where quite to close to flaming, if he/she where in another forum.
Sorry to say that but these persons would posting like this in my house with a warning.

Beside that is not an "agree with me" just a "stop flaming me, because you don't like it"

Why? In what universe would only *one* person (or company, or whatever) design ships?

Nowhere..I was refering to more general designing stuff like its mentioned in the handbooks. Like Kilrathi like asymetric and sharp/fearfull looking stuff and design there ships that way.

Waterloo topic
Well what would you think...maybe fixed AMG with more power then the normal AMG or maybe a special capmissile luncher?
I would like the idea of a fixed AMG.

Well its quite obvius that Chris has more to say that Conncordia...nothing against that point, but what Concordia is trying to do...well what I think she wants to archive..is to give the entire thing a more general common look.
We know from different sources how Kilrathi build there ships. So why not taking these knowledge...witch is also from Chris...and take it over to the entire timeline.
You see we follow what Chris made, but in a way you don't seams to like..that your personel choise, but I like to think of making things different.
Beside that....we can always go back to the basic design if we don't like it...so whats the problem?

This isn't the first time Concordia has posted this rant - she's been going off about 'changing' Wing Commander completely outside the context of a fan project. Search for threads started by Concordia. :)

Well one or the other person here would allready been warned that his/her posting where quite to close to flaming, if he/she where in another forum.
Sorry to say that but these persons would posting like this in my house with a warning.

Beside that is not an "agree with me" just a "stop flaming me, because you don't like it"

I'm not really sure who you're referring to.

Nowhere..I was refering to more general designing stuff like its mentioned in the handbooks. Like Kilrathi like asymetric and sharp/fearfull looking stuff and design there ships that way.

That doesn't wash, though - the Ralari is the *inspiration* for this look... it's the very ship that introduced the 'pronged' Kilrathi capship design!

Waterloo topic
Well what would you think...maybe fixed AMG with more power then the normal AMG or maybe a special capmissile luncher?
I would like the idea of a fixed AMG.

That's reasonable. My take has always been that there's some sort of high-calibur city-bombardment energy weapon that we only see occasionally (WC1 end scene again). But a higher powered AMG would be just fine (or a Cap Ship Missile launcher, depending on the age of the ship.)

Well I don't want to change WC completly, but with the time comes aging...and I think some models could need a refresh cure.

I wouldn't take over all of concordias changes.
For example the front of the old Fralthi looks quite cool..will defenetly keep it.
The long externel guns..well at least I would shorten them to a more realistic size.
Also the idea of making the hull more..well..."fat" would help to give it a better look.
I have taken a closer look at the original models..or was it from UE....well taken a look at it and what should I say...its to flat.

About the ending wings at the engines...well have to think about them. Maybe yes maybe no...where I mostly go with no on spaceships with wings.
Sometimes also its better...my Waterloo design looks better without these stranges fins at the back. (Still has got the front wings)

I'm not really sure who you're referring to.

Well there was a person who wrote something like...you are stupid, you are stupid...well quite a long list if this...without a marking to show that is sarkastic.
In some cases that could be taken as flaming..whatever.

At least some people don't like beeing taunt like that and some Moderators like me would just send a little PM tp that person for beeing a little more friendly in his/her postings.

That doesn't wash, though - the Ralari is the *inspiration* for this look... it's the very ship that introduced the 'pronged' Kilrathi capship design!

Mh well I can see you point there...see at the beginning of this post...but still its to damm flat.
Also my personal reference for a good looking Kilrathi ship is this
wc3kcruiser.jpg

Don't know why I love the design......

Waterloo:
Mh I think we have a common thing here...well then we can think about how to use them in WC Saga. Maybe we will do it as in the original game and just let them be there without ever firing a shoot.

Last edited by a moderator:
About the ending wings at the engines...well have to think about them. Maybe yes maybe no...where I mostly go with no on spaceships with wings.
Sometimes also its better...my Waterloo design looks better without these stranges fins at the back. (Still has got the front wings)

For a capital ship designed to bombard planets, you want wide wings - so you can stick as many big lasers and AMGs and what-not in there as possible. It also lets you have more area for engines without significantly increasing the mass of the ship.

Well there was a person who wrote something like...you are stupid, you are stupid...well quite a long list if this...without a marking to show that is sarkastic.
In some cases that could be taken as flaming..whatever.

At least some people don't like beeing taunt like that and some Moderators like me would just send a little PM tp that person for beeing a little more friendly in his/her postings.

That was my post - I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be banned. :) (I'm also pretty sure I wouldn't ban someone for doing the same thing... but I think Concordia knows I'm not being completely serious. It's entirely situational.)

Mh well I can see you point there...see at the beginning of this post...but still its to damm flat.
Also my personal reference for a good looking Kilrathi ship is this

I'm not sure what you mean by 'too flat' - based on the windows on the sides, both the Ralari and the Fralthi II are several decks high. With all due respect to our Borg friends, a 'flat' ship is certainly preferrable to a huge brick... you want the smallest RADAR (LIDAR?) cross-section possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back