WC Science 101

No, it won't. When the sun becomes a red giant, one of two things will happen - the sun will engulf the planet in it's flaming nuclear maw, or the Earth will suddenly have an orbit much closer to the sun, turning the surface into a baked nuclear hellhole (like Mercury, but...redder).

And there's a giant plume of antimatter coming out of the core. It's not like it's explosive - you need to have equal amounts of the stuff. They react, and throw off radiation and energy. But you need equal amounts of it. There's more antimatter than matter in the vacuum of the core, apparently...

And LOAF was saying that the Paradigm was Confed's newest destroyer at the time of Privateer, not in general.

Yeah, that's what I was saying -- although we have no evidence that any destroyers enter service *after* the Paradigm...

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Deliver us, oh lord, for we are in need.
That sentence was very often followed by a big "BOOOM"!

Same as "This crate's about to explode!" :D

I never thought the pilots in Privateer were that smart... :)

OOOPS.. perhaps if i read the whole thread i didn´t make that silly question to LOAF..point taken :)

Read First, Ask later !!!!

[Edited by Ghost on 06-07-2001 at 00:28]

Originally posted by mpanty
That sentence was very often followed by a big "BOOOM"!

Same as "This crate's about to explode!"

I never thought the pilots in Privateer were that smart...
I kinda liked, "I am battered, human, yet unb..." :D

"Monkey boy...you make me laugh!"

"Fear not, my claws are sheathed my belly full"

Hehehe!

And yes, Sol will one day swell up to be a red giant, but thats after it makes atoms of iron. It wont be able to 'burn' any more fuel so swells.

Life on Terra will die off in around a billion years time (if not before) due to the sun's activity increasing just 10 percent.

I shall mount your bones in my hall.

There's no such thing as a stupid question, except one that you ask immediately after it's already been answered. :)

I always thought it was that, but then I have heard people saying "I will mount your bones on my hull" And that just didn't seem right!

Yeah, some other guy thought it was that, too...

(But for the grace of playing speech-less Privateer go I).

Originally posted by Quarto

I kinda liked, "I am battered, human, yet unb..." :D
"I salute you, a deadly blow!"

Well then how come you ain't dead, you dope?
Ah well, doesn't matter, won't take too long 'fore it happens! :D

Indeed they do, but the pilot taunts are the same for each type of enemy, regardless the ship they fly in.

You'll get the same insults from Kilrathi pilots, whether they're in Dralthi, a Gothri, or a Kamekh...

Brain Overload! Brain Overload!

Man, all that technobabble made my head hrut...then again, I guess I asked for it. :D I assume you guys aren't just making this stuff up. :)

Back