WC Novels....

No but It was not called WC5 it was called WCP because it was begining a new war with a new hero and new technologies ect.

I know that, but I refering to the many sites and stores that sold the game as Wing commander 5. However inncorrect it may be.

Okay, thanx, ppl....
However, how about the novel Wing Commander??? (Not the ones about the movies...) It is written by Ron Karren....
Who is this book talking about ?????
Thanx again, ppl.....

It's a real life thriller.

It's a fighter jet thriller, never read it, but it is set basically modern day, anywhere from 50 in the past to 10 years from now. not sure on exact time period. It has nothing to do with wing commander franchise.

[Edited by Valiento on 02-07-2001 at 01:32]

End Run

If you hurry, you can find 6 (Count 'em, six) copies of End Run at bibliofind.com for various prices. This is how I found my copy for TWO DOLLARS! (3 dollars shipping) This was a incredible find. Apparently a copy pops on there every once in a while. Maybe this should be listed in Where To Buy? :)

Bleh.. most of them are $22-35.. People are crooks. :( I'm glad Jetlag got his pdf made.

try amazon.co.uk

there english.
they have 18 books and the most xpensiv is 20 GBP and tht is
"enemy coast ahead"

I just read the Barnesandnoble.com preview for the Ron Karren Wing Commander novel. It says it has something to do with a female sqadron leader and a colonel that's in love with her..... sounds kinda like the relationship between Blair and Angel, doesn't it???
Anywayz, saw a news on the CIC about this book... well, if they have an intrest in it, might as well buy it....
probably a good read anywayz...

Well, now I see what you mean: The text about the book is mainly about the problem,which they have,to order it. It is "not in stock". They say you should sometimes visit their site to see,if they are able to order it. If there would have been a describtion of the content, I would maybe have seen, that it wasn't a novel. But this is the other problem: They only give the books numbers and then they take some of them after some time out of their assortment. So the row is not complete. So I have thought this book was WC 5... do you know what the title of the book is, which comes between WC4 "Heart of the tiger" and WC6 "The price of freedom"? (I have the suspiction,there is no one between them and they just gave them the wrong numbers!).

Well, there are 7 WC books altogether, so it would make sense to have WC1-WC7. However, if I recall correctly, False Colours hasn't been published in Germany yet, so you're only allowed to have six :). Mind you, I never paid much attention to news about WC books in Germany, so I'm probably wrong about False Colours.

You are right. I even read about the English books at Amazon.de and had the same thought. I will have to read it in English. But this does not matter to me. The language of Wing Commander is English and why should I have problems with it? We have good dictionaries...

Was that meant ironically or not? Okay it was the wrong Cd I was listening to and the song had influenced me.

Thanks. But be careful: I could really do it. But the really practice of the English language has shown that even a good mark at school does not let you understand everything. And most words I need here are a little bit too special...so I have a dictionary next to my computer. And to the theme English-written novel.. I bought one ( not WC) more than 1 or maybe 2 years ago...I didn't have desire to read it..I read the first page and I saw just 15 words which I didn't understand..so I did not read it..but for the one of WC I'll do it..but it will be much work for me and some words aren't explained in the dictionary...for example fell here 3 days ago the word "dismiss" I looked it up did not find it and can just imagine it could mean "insult"..but I do not definitely know it..

Dismiss can mean to ignore, IE if you dismiss someone's idea. A soldier can also be told he is dismissed by a commanding officer which more or less means that the officer is finished speaking with him and he can go on about his regular duties.

Aha. Now it is better for me to understand what he meant.
Maybe it is better to learn to ask someone if something is not clear.. but the last thing I want to do is to get on somebody's nerves.

Not a problem. There is nothing wrong with being ignorant (which everyone is). Feel free to ask what any word means, someone here will help you out.

Back