WC ground forces

Yeah, Dralthi convertibles...they didn't have tops... :)

There's a good quote on the Terran Confederation of Engineers page...everyone I know either loves or hates the Scrimitar.

But, yes, it is ugly. I wish Unknown Enemy had picked a better ship...

I like the aerodynamic style of the Scimitar...but his weapons and speed are below average.

i kinda liked it. it was the hornet and the rapier i didn't like. (back then i went toe to toe with everything :))

I have a Batplane that kinda looks like a Dralthiri... :D

(cross between a Dralthi and a Drakhri...geddit? Geddit?..huh...)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
The only time we see any sort of heavy armor is for security purposes -- the guy in Rightous Fire, the guards in WC2 and so forth...
Eww, there's no way that security... thing could be human. He/it didn't even speak like a human. I always took it for a droid or a cyborg. Heck, IIRC, the internal VOC files titles his speech as robotXXX.voc

Originally posted by Wedge009
Eww, there's no way that security... thing could be human. He/it didn't even speak like a human. I always took it for a droid or a cyborg. Heck, IIRC, the internal VOC files titles his speech as robotXXX.voc

It's a moble suit, a gundam. :) There has to be a human pilot in it. Confed doesn't seem to use robots, except for places it needs them.

Ok, so they use the heavy armour for security, but there's no way I'll accept the guy to be human.

1. It doesn't speak like one - I remember looking at the waveform and they put clicks and what not to make it sound like a robot.

2. The thing is very unsympathetic about Grayson's loss. It probably assumes it's 'just another theft' without realising the consequences. It then blabbers about filling out complaint forms. Sounds like bureaucratic programming to me. :p

Definitely not human.

Originally posted by Wedge009
2. The thing is very unsympathetic about Grayson's loss. It probably assumes it's 'just another theft' without realising the consequences. It then blabbers about filling out complaint forms. Sounds like bureaucratic programming to me. :p

Definitely not human.

I dunno. That sounds VERY human to me.

C'mon, look at the thing. It's head doesn't even twitch, nor does it blink. When I have the time, and I remember, I'll pull a listing of the VOC files from the RF.tre and see if my memory was right.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
...the guy in Rightous Fire...
Well, I just assumed you were talking about the security droid in the RF intro. "Guy" sounds like a human term to me. :)

I was talking about the guy in the RF intro... but I didn't say it was human... just that it had big armor...

Thinking about that heavy armor and the ones the modern marines would use makes me wonder how effective they would be at protecting them from any type of laser hit. Does anyone know if they're supposed to be like modern bulletproof bodysuits, or are they for hand-to-hand combat protection? (Seems they should be for protection against the laser-fire, since I doubt personal combat with a Kilrathi would have been a human's first choice! :) )

I doubt they're bulletproof, since marines don't wear them in combat -- they're security suit things.

The robot guy in RF is a robot.

Marines wear more traditional body armour. They protected people from shots pretty well in FC, but I think the Kilrathi were using bullets, not lasers.

TC

Back