WC:CD "Fan Input"

The pictures look cool, but do you have any shots of what the game/missions/gameflow/etc look like? The project has been releasing screenshots of fighter renders for about four years now - when will it move beyond that?

A Missile Platform like the Imperial Missile Boat from "Star Wars: TIE Fighter"? Sounds cool.

I guess, but just with more guns than the Missile Boat. Also there isn't some crazy speed increasing boost. :p

Also I'm still working on the gameflow pics, It involves actually doing a 3d model of a room. But I want the ready room and others look pretty primo. It's just time consuming.

Jason, this is no offense, but with creating a tigershark missile plattform you just created a second broadsword, wich is to my eyes obsolete. since we already have one in your mod plus the longbow and the devastator.

also, chris reid is right. so many fighters, so many ships etc. (I really like that) but we all feel that you are not really progressing in the game itself. I just hope that you do not loose the oversight to this project. :(

How is the status of the game? Can you already determine a possible release date? Do you need voice actors? Do you need any help at all?

Here's a call out to anyone who would like to lend a hand to the project here are things that I am having trouble with.

1.) Implementing Capital ships, I can implement Corvettes but am having a really tough time in implementing capships themselves. AND Yes I have read all the material on how to do the capships. I'm still having trouble, go figure. I need some assistance or someone to take on implementing capships.

2.) Mission design. I remember someone saying that they were able to make the MED program work. Has there been any progress in this? If you know how to design mission I can edit them but am having trouble in making them from scrath. Collateral Damage NEEDS someone to assist in this or take on mission design for the project.

3.) Ideas for gameflow?

4.) Ideas for mission flow

5.) Ideas for the project in general.

For any of these questions. and to answer all of your questions. I NEED someone else on board with the project, I need help in designing a webpage to keep people on the status of the project instead of me just haphazerdly posting pics on the boards here. (Not that it doesn't help because it does). The project just needs help in general so that It can continue and come to fruition. Obviously I've been on board with continuing the project throughout this 4 years. I HAVE ALL OF THE FILES NEEDED for the project. And also if anyone wants to help I have no problem sending you over 3d models, pictures, etc... whatever it is that you may need.

I guess what I'm saying is. I need help. A few people DEDICATED people who know how to design missions, or help with the capship models. Any takers?

I have all these files/ships/etc... because they ARE possibles in the project, Doesn't mean I will be using them. I'm trying to obviously get people excited about the project.

If I am the only one dedicated to the project I'm sorry to say but it will take another 4 years to finish it. That is a LOOOoooooooooooong time....too long to be honest.

well, this screams for our successful "unknown enemy / standoff team", these guys are the most experienced here with wcp pascal.

Also Triple, Why not have more ships? I'm confused? I was writting them into the story line. (Which was a cool write in) The Broadswords are used by the militia friendly forces (The players team). The Longbows / Devastators are used by confed. The Tigershark (ship) I was actually writting in as part a rogue confed force. The Piranhas you would see being used by Confed. As with Excaliburs, Arrows....etc...etc... I really need to make a website to show you guys...So Any ideas on where to get one to be hosted?

Also Triple, Why not have more ships? I'm confused? I was writting them into the story line. (Which was a cool write in) The Broadswords are used by the militia friendly forces (The players team). The Longbows / Devastators are used by confed. The Tigershark (ship) I was actually writting in as part a rogue confed force. The Piranhas you would see being used by Confed. As with Excaliburs, Arrows....etc...etc... I really need to make a website to show you guys...So Any ideas on where to get one to be hosted?

Jason, there ist no porblem with more ships, but don't loose the focus on the rest of the project ;)

Gosh darn, if only I had the time. As it is, I haven't even been able to find time to finish off the last Standoff patch (and supposedly people are still waiting for a UE patch...). I would be very happy to provide advice, read your plans, make suggestions and the like, but anything that would involve actual real work would be off limits for me at this stage. I mean, I'd really like to contribute something to ensure that WCP modding does not end simply because our team has had to move on...

Not to be a jerk, but, is it really appropriate to ask about UE2 in this thread?
It's not too appropriate, but it's a subject that's unlikely to hijack the thread, since there isn't much to say about it :). So, to answer Deathsnake's question - there are no plans whatsoever for UE2. I once hoped to do a UE2 - but that was back in 2002, when we thought Standoff wouldn't take more time than UE did. Nine years down the track (that's right - this Sunday is the 9th anniversary of UE's release!), I most certainly would not want to revisit UE. When and if I do get to work on another WC fan project, it will be something as different from our previous projects as Standoff was from UE.

This is all good info and thank you for your lending hand and help in the past you know I wouldn't be able to do any of the collision tress without the bsp.dll :) so thank you and Eder for that one. I guess what I'm getting stumped at with the capships here is the constituant parts. Aka the bridge, hanger, engines,etc... I'm able to add the basic model without the parts. I guess what I'm confused about is. How do you place the other parts in the base model? I'm having trouble getting them centered? Is there a sure fire way to cross reference the centerline of the entire model? Or is each of the parts added to the base model? This is where I'm getting confused.

Making a corvette type model is no problem. It's the capships that are the humdinger. You can PM me on here if you'd like. Or email me at Hulse83@Hotmail.com .

Again any help is appreciated. And welcomed.

Right. I don't know the details from the perspective of the modelling tools and the like, but basically you should create the component models in such a way that their center of reference (0,0,0) will be the same as for the main ship. That way, the hardpoint that you attach the component to can be simply positioned at 0,0,0. For how to attach the component to the ship from the scripting perspective, check out the tutorial on Killerwave's page (http://killerwave.solsector.net/Capship_Tutorial.htm).

I'm still working on gameflow images, etc... Here's another ship. The "Earwig" . Based on the Starsoldier shape. The size of the ship is a little more than half of the Nephilim transport. It's meant to be some type of specialized fast transport/jammer ship.

Attachments

• Wig01.jpg
    Wig01.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 196
  • Wig02.jpg
    Wig02.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 195
mmh, a transport without cargoboxes (likte the triton)?

how about a corvette or a light destroyer? a jammer is also a nice idea by the way

It's a little small to be a light destroyer. Perhaps a corvette type ship tho. I haven't decided yet if I should add it in as a corvette or add it in as a capship. The game charecteristics change based on how I implement it into the game. I'll see what I can do tho. Having come crazy looking ship as a corvette does sounds amazing.

I could imagine a corvette gunboat. we have the barracuda as a corvette which is equipped with guns but no missiles (if I remember correctly). the earwig could be the counterpart with few guns, but with a variety of missiles/torpedos. this way it could be a threat against small capships like transports or destroyers.

The Barracuda does carry torpedoes.

Size-wise, this does seem more like a corvette than a capship. It wouldn't necessarily make sense as a fast transport (unless maybe it's their equivalent of a Marine LC). A jammer might make sense, since we do know the bugs have some jamming ability and we never find out how it works.

Back