WC Academy Cartoon

The cartoon was entertaining. My cousin now plays the game because of the shows. It served its purpose and I hope something like that appears again to show people that WC isnt really dead, but in stasis. :)

it was a fairly strong cartoon... lots of action, good stories. it's just a shame it's gone however being able to download is great. as for WC being dead... i would say it's on life support. i know that Prophecy is coming out for GBA but that will be the deciding factor if the WC series continues. it will need more than hardcore fans to buy the game. it's needs to win a new audience and make more fans

There's also the TV show in the works... Things are much farther from being dead than they have been for a long while.

WCA was one great animated epic. I say that its true audance was all-ages. I'm very hopeful about hte TV show.

he means the stealth fighter which does not contradict seeing as it was only a prototype which once destryed no longer existed during wc2. though one could argue that the cats would be pretty stupid to NOT keep a backup record...

It's not a stealth fighter like those seen in WC2, though -- the ship in WCA was visible to the eye... it just didn't show up on radar. Like a modern stealth fighter...

What nes is there of the WC TV Show? I haven't read anythign about it....

thanks.. i looked around on the site and all they mention is that it's in the works. hopefully something will come of it. like Blair and Manic starting out on the Tiger's Claw.. kinda like the cartoon but with more action and character development...

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
It's just really common for each group to go "Well, *our* cartoon was really great because it was *really* made for adults...".
I never thought such a thing. I just feel that even though it is the intent that a show is made for kids, some adult-level material and concepts (no, not X-rated stuff you perverts) gets through.

Yeah, hopefully we won't have to watch Chris Blair *again*. He already got a game series, a TV show and a movie, let's move on.

And enough already of everyone mentioning "character development." That's a term so gelatinous that it means next to nothing. It's just a quick way to say "Lookit, I'm smart!"

Of course it'll be about Blair. You don't pay to license Wing Commander and then make a show that doesn't use WC's elements.

Well I'm praying against the Gods of Likelihood that you do pay a license and then don't use the elements, because I'm fucking terrified of what people will dredge up over the show.

"Well, I, personally, choose to set the show aside from the core WC universe, almost as one 'paralell' to it, because of continuity issues."

And then we'll have to hear about it in every goddamn discussion regardless of the topic, because someone will always be trying to trigger an argument over it, and even after the arguments are finished, those same people will try to fire up an identical argument a couple days later the same way.

So on top of all the stupid debates about the movie, and Privateer 2, and "DID BLAIR REALLY DIE?!?!?!?!?!?!" we'll have to pile on "WCTV SUCKS BECAUSE ANGEL'S EYES ARE THE WRONG COLOR!!!!!!!"

Not that I won't dive in at a moment's notice, but fuck that.

Originally posted by Frosty
[So on top of all the stupid debates about the movie, and Privateer 2, and "DID BLAIR REALLY DIE?!?!?!?!?!?!" we'll have to pile on "WCTV SUCKS BECAUSE ANGEL'S EYES ARE THE WRONG COLOR!!!!!!!"
[/B]

Well stated... it's funny b/c someone would bitch about Angel's eyes being the wrong color... oh well.. i guess some people will find whatever they can to pic kapart b/c it's not what they have tattooed in their brain...

On a side note, i hope it's not about Balir b/c we all know the story of Blair but that would make the show easier to make. You've already got a story.

There's actually quite a bit of blank time you could fill in for Blair. Hell, there's enough blank time right in the middle of the first game that you could do a season without messing things up.

Originally posted by Millzy

On a side note, i hope it's not about Balir b/c we all know the story of Blair but that would make the show easier to make. You've already got a story.

Well...
You could always have a story based on Blair's ten years between WC1 and WC2. The only things we know about that period of time is that Iceman died, Blair wrote the letter home to Mrs. Casey (implying Blair was his commander), and Hawk knew about it.
A traitor plot element that won't be resolved until the end of WC2 might get a little old, though.

Blair's re-assignment to ISS was Tolwyn's failsafe punishment should Blair choose not to resign. It wouldn't have been much of a punishment had Blair's 10 year stint been as fun/eventful as his tours on various carriers.

As an alternative to Blair maybe the new show could focus on another character like errr. Um I can't actually think of someone suitable from the games, since most of them died and Maniac... Well I don't think basing the show on a maniac is going to work so that leaves Prophecy. Considering that the Kilrathi War has got plenty of coverage a new show could go a long way to fleshing out the new threat, without many timeline constraints. It might even jumpstart a sequel for Prophecy.

Post Prophecy isn't Roberts' Wing Commander. I very much doubt he'd place something there.

Originally posted by junior
...Iceman died, Blair wrote the letter home to Mrs. Casey (implying Blair was his commander)...
I don't think Blair was Iceman's commander, I don't even remember where it is stated that Blair wrote the letter of consolation. IIRC, Hawk speaks to Casey Jr "we", which could mean anything.

Back