WC Academy Cartoon

M

Millzy

I just finished watching the cartoon. I remember watch most of the episodes when they originally aired but my question is was there any real reason why the cartoon was cancelled? I think it's a great series and could have really gone somewhere. Oh well. I guess there isn't much that can be done now.

Just a thought

I wondered of some funny project.

Something like reanimating WC Academy...

you know, update the graphics and stuffs but keep the same voices and sound effects.

Anyone ever thought about this?

Wing Commander Academy was well animated in a unique style. Anybody re-animating it would be in cheap-ass entirely soul-less CGI.

Speaking of the anime....

I never understood ,how Chris and Todd managed to destroy that kilrathi carrier in the fist episode,with some gun-fire.:cool:

where the shields too weak ?

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
Speaking of the anime....

I never understood ,how Chris and Todd managed to destroy that kilrathi carrier in the fist episode,with some gun-fire.:cool:

where the shields too weak ?

It wasn't a carrier. It was a scout ship. It just happenedt to have a landing bay. It seems they used the WC3 Dreadnought aesthetic for most of the Kilrathi ships in the show. Including the transport Maniac destroys at the begining of invisible enemy.

Additionally the show did not hit it's target audiece (little kids), it got mostly teenagers and older WC fans. But then again I never thought of it as a kids show.

Originally posted by Ender
But then again I never thought of it as a kids show.
I don't think it was a 'kids' show, 'twas just targeted at them. I like several so-called 'kids' shows, and I find very often that there are concepts or 'in-jokes' no average kid could possibly understand completely.

The Kilrathi ship in the first episode was a "blockade runner", according to The Confederation Handbook.

It seems to be a staple of various fandoms that *their* cartoon was 'obviously' not for children. Lets buck the trend and embrace that WC made a pretty cool childrens cartoon...

it was a great show. it's a shame it only lasted one season as it would have been cool to see character development and such. See them move up in ConFed. Oh well.

What's this I hear about a WC TV Show. What's the news on that?

Not much news at the moment.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
It seems to be a staple of various fandoms that *their* cartoon was 'obviously' not for children.
Uh, I'm not part of any such 'fandom', that was just my personal opinion.

Your part of the Wing Commander fandom, spluh. It's just really common for each group to go "Well, *our* cartoon was really great because it was *really* made for adults...".

The cartoon was great, even though they changed some things around. They did a very good job on it, with the dialect, voice overs, and animation. Were the voice overs the actual voices of Mark Hammil, Malcom McDowell and I forgot the actors name of Maniac? I never really pay attention to the credits.

Nafé

Oh yeah, the storyline of the cartoon was new wasn't it? Because it would of contradicted the story of Wing Commander 2.

Nafé

WCATV may have been aimed at children, but its storyline more or less ensures that it would've gotten a more matured audience. Let me put it this way. There is death, trauma, betrayal - fairly serious stuff. Contrast this with Pokemon or other such shows. Pokemon doesn't have death, the villains are relatively trivial and its much more light hearted. I personally found WCATV to have a very somber tone. Disclaimer: I'm not trying to say one is better than the other, just that they appeal to different sorts of people.

An Animated film :D

the cartoons are amazing.. i really dident like the film for wc story and action i only like it as a sci0fi and since i am a wc fan i just thought i had to have it

Personally i thought the WC Movie was terrible. the story was poorly done and casting was weak. It's a shame that Chris Roberts directed it. if he had nothing to do with it then it wouldn't bother me as much but since the creator of Wing Commander made such a terrible movie, it's just sad in a way

Originally posted by Naféasonto
Oh yeah, the storyline of the cartoon was new wasn't it? Because it would of contradicted the story of Wing Commander 2.

Explain.

Back