WC Academy Cartoon

Originally posted by Wedge009
I don't think Blair was Iceman's commander, I don't even remember where it is stated that Blair wrote the letter of consolation. IIRC, Hawk speaks to Casey Jr "we", which could mean anything.

Hmm...
I guess I may have misremembered that part. I thought Hawk had mentioned that Blair was the one who left out the part about exactly how Iceman had died.
At any rate, whoever wrote the letter home was probably Iceman's commander. Writing that particular letter usually devolves to the deceased individual's commander.

Originally posted by TC
There's actually quite a bit of blank time you could fill in for Blair. Hell, there's enough blank time right in the middle of the first game that you could do a season without messing things up.

I'd agree with TC, there are plenty of gaps in the WC universe to exploit without disrupting the timeline. One of the gaps I'm most interested in is the one after SM2 for WC1 (I don't think you could put in anything between WC1/SM1/SM2 due to some things that Halcyon/Paladin states in each game about being sorry about the abrupt action after such long campaigns) before the Tiger's Claw is destroyed that could be exploited without too much damage to the story lines. Another big gap that I would like to see filled though is one that gets very little mention anywhere that I have seen (given I haven't read all the books or the conferderation Handbook) is the space in time between SO2 and the time in which the Concordia is destroyed. All I really know is that Blair was injured, Angel had left with Paladin and Tolwyn had taken off to parts unknown before the destruction of the ship. I know we are all attached to the original crew and ship (they were the perfect cliches for a game/show/movie that everyone could get behind and root for) but doing more on the Tigers Claw, while being what we could most hope for, would also cause the most problems (I'm sure if this show is a Roberts venture, he will not want to mess with his original story that much) for writers to produce a good story. I would much rather see the show shend some light on the tiem around WC2/SM1/SM2. Just my thoughts on the matter :).

Also, in regard to the character development shot Frosty took at Millzy. Yes alot of people throw that term around as much as Lewis did to Tyson, but character development is one of the most important aspects of a TV/movie/game series. The major reason people have a problem with WCM and WC:p is the fact that the audience could really have cared less about the characters, due to script/acting problems. The more we see about a character and their innermost problems, the more we develop an emotional attachment to those character. Take Bowman from WCA, she was really the only character that I really cared for due to the fact that the writers decided to develop her character more than the others (maybe the blue-skinned female pilot also, she reminded me alot of Cobra from WC3). Again, my humble thoughts on the subject.

Well, I'm off to a meeting. Cheerio :).

C-ya

PS - Woohooo 1st luey and it only took me the better part of a year to get there :).

Originally posted by Viper61
... Another big gap that I would like to see filled though is one that gets very little mention anywhere that I have seen (given I haven't read all the books or the conferderation Handbook) is the space in time between SO2 and the time in which the Concordia is destroyed....
I always wondered what exactly happened to Maniac after he was left alone at the end of SO2: "Where the hell are you ?"

I'd agree with TC, there are plenty of gaps in the WC universe to exploit without disrupting the timeline.
But disrupting the timeline is what we do! Where's that DeLorean when you need it? :)

I don't think you could put in anything between WC1/SM1/SM2 due to some things that Halcyon/Paladin states in each game about being sorry about the abrupt action after such long campaigns...
Of course you can! Sort of... Remember "SM1.5"? ;)

I know that there are the books for Wing Commmander... is there a list of them somewhere... I'm curious to find some of them... mainly WC3 and WC4 books... i guess my best bet would be a used book store

Back