**warning** stupid question...

Hey, why are these different to those I downloaded from the SOPS homepage? Is the CIC version available to download in one single file?

The "lost fiction" (https://www.wcnews.com/articles/art3.shtml) is a piece of SO fiction mentioned in Captain Clippy's log (he tells you to go read the report on the Blue Horizon, but it never appears). Captain Johnny, who wrote the fiction, sent it to us here -- and you can read it there.

https://www.wcnews.com/sofiction.shtml is just links to *all* the SO fiction on Origin's SO server (since we can't host the fiction ourselves).

Last edited by a moderator:
No, Origin didn't want us to post the SO fiction for download. However, you can point one of those 'download all links' programs at my sofiction index, and it'll grab them all for you automatically.

Been there, done that... but it was good when the CIC put it up, that way I could actually read the winning stories... not that they were much different to the default. Well, except for the praise from the Twilight Purchase's passengers, now that was morale lifting!

I did not find that fiction very convincing or interesting (though I do not have read all of the new ones, yet). The only ones that interested me were those were you get information about Confed or the ships.

You seem dead-set against enjoying anything related to Secret Ops, without any reason whatsoever.

No, that is spoken too hard. It is a great game to play and I loved the look, e.g. of the Plunkett and the Cerberus. What annoyed me, was that Confed now had super ships whereas the bugs got even worse than they already have been in WCP. And the fiction problem for me was, e.g. that I just completed a mission where I killed, let's say, 40 bugs without suffering any armor damage and then go to read the fiction where Casey tells me how scared he is, how bad and depressing the situatuion is and so on. It did not fit at all IMHO. The fiction where scientists talk about the WC universe were good, I enjoyed them very much.
It is just that WCP and SOPS did not creat the atmosphere I was used from WC1-WC4. And I hate it when the bad side is always so inferior and still the game tries to make us believe that mankind is desperately fighting for survival.
So you see, I do have reasons but it might be that they do not appeal to you. Still they are valid, at least for me.

[Edited by Mekt-Hakkikt on 03-19-2001 at 18:37]

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
No, that is spoken too hard. It is a great game to play and I loved the look, e.g. of the Plunkett and the Cerberus. What annoyed me, was that Confed now had super ships whereas the bugs got even worse than they already have been in WCP. And the fiction problem for me was, e.g. that I just completed a mission where I killed, let's say, 40 bugs without suffering any armor damage and then go to read the fiction where Casey tells me how scared he is, how bad and depressing the situatuion is and so on. It did not fit at all IMHO. The fiction where scientists talk about the WC universe were good, I enjoyed them very much.
It is just that WCP and SOPS did not creat the atmosphere I was used from WC1-WC4. And I hate it when the bad side is always so inferior and still the game tries to make us believe that mankind is desperately fighting for survival.
So you see, I do have reasons but it might be that they do not appeal to you. Still they are valid, at least for me.

[Edited by Mekt-Hakkikt on 03-19-2001 at 18:37]

I was talking to mekt...sorry. your post went thruogh before mine did.

Originally posted by Zor Prime
Perhaps your difficulty setting is too.....low?
I switched to Nightmare after I played about a third on Hard.
I did not have read all of the new SOPS fiction (new to me) but still Casey is often complaining how bad the morale is and so on, even in the winning branches.

8BTW Wedge, there was some kind of humour in your post wasn't it? I thought you had enough of jokes by now? ;) )

Back