Voiceovers: Standoff?

Tempest said:
I can't perform all the different voices myself ;)
Blast. You mean, Eder was lying when he said that the main reason we recruited you was because you can perform all the voices yourself? :(

I can sorta do one. Being Scottish and all . . . well . . . of Scottish descent . . . and also Irish . . . and robot. Maybe I should re-do my Freyers lines as a Scott?

overmortal said:
I can sorta do one. Being Scottish and all . . . well . . . of Scottish descent . . . and also Irish . . . and robot. Maybe I should re-do my Freyers lines as a Scott?
Nah, Freyers is fine. As long as you can do his campaign lines too, I'll be happy (else I'll have to render a new face animation :( )

Scottish happens to be one of the accents I CAN do :p Also being of scottish descent. Hey, there's 2 scottish people already! :)

Not to mention Mad Medic. Mad, I know you e-mailed me yesterday about taking part in voice-overs, so I'll get you to do a little sample role for me (and scottish it up as much as possible), and then send it to rileymk@bigpond.net.au - So, if you wanna just record this line in WAV format, 16bit, 22khz, mono, I'll then set you up with a role for either the prologue or campaign (since we already have a lot of voices for the prologue.. depends if Eder wants to slip a scott in there)

So, if you just wanna record the following line for me, then send it to me with the details above:

"Only taken minimal damage, Sir. I'm still dangerous."

And feel free to throw in a 'Ach!' or a 'Laddy!' if you wanna ;)

Tempest said:
And feel free to throw in a 'Ach!' or a 'Laddy!' if you wanna ;)
Please, don't :p. There's a fine line between a Scottish accent and a Paladin imitation.

Tempest,

Hey, I can do Scottish, but real Scotts might detect me. I can also do Irish and Brittish, as well as American (Cenntral Western, Texan, and Standard, and on a good day Boston as well), with 2 or 3 variations on each.

Not to be pushy, but a long time ago I sent in a bunch of files to try to help you out (they all stared out with names like WC Missile, etc...), and never heard anything back from you. I know you're swamped, I know you don't hate me, etc... It's totally understandable. Do you still need more voice help? I can do a variety of voice types. Please let me know. I, and several other people (male and female, with various natural accents) I know, am willing to help out if I can get a bit of feedback.

If you get me involved, I promise I won't bail on you, and I'll get things done faster than you think. I will also personally supervise and help any of my friends who get involved in the project. I'm doing a voice for the WC Saga team, and they'll let you know that I am persistent in my contacts with them.

Anyway, good luck. I know this is a big project, so take your time. Let us know how we can be helpful.

Sphynx

I suppose a voice isn't a hard thing to lend...if you need assistance give me an email. I can do a fairly good job on English, Russian, French, Austrailian, Guyanese, Canadian, and of course American accents.

Also can imitate a German accent...and do a decent Indian accent but that would just sound kinda funny in WC.

Sphynx said:
Not to be pushy, but a long time ago I sent in a bunch of files to try to help you out (they all stared out with names like WC Missile, etc...), and never heard anything back from you. I know you're swamped, I know you don't hate me, etc... It's totally understandable. Do you still need more voice help? I can do a variety of voice types. Please let me know. I, and several other people (male and female, with various natural accents) I know, am willing to help out if I can get a bit of feedback.

Real sorry if I didn't get back to you man, and like you say, it isn't personal. I try very hard to chase absolutely everyone up. So expect an e-mail from me real soon about some roles you and your 'contacts' may be able to fill. :)

Eder said:
Official ETA is 'when it's done', but yeah, probably before DNF. :p

Since Tempest says "there is minimal work left on the voiceovers", what are your top priorities now in order to finish the Prologue?

Step 1: conclude minimal work left on the voiceovers
Step 2: conclude minimal work left on the cutscenes (can't do it right now, need final voiceovers for the timing of the camera etc.)
Step 3: fill in the missing fiction pieces

At that point we should have a release candidate, which would of course need playtesting, since some missions have been done for months, and a lot of other files will have been modified since then.

Hey Tempest (or Eder, or Quarto), is there any more lines needed for the 'Standoff stoner'? :cool:

Back