Voiceovers: Standoff?

Starkey

Avenging Rooster
Any news from Tempest? The guy´s got AIM, ICQ and e-mail and still, is he MIA?

IRRC, you said that voiceovers were the last big step in finishing the Prologue... :(

I want that game done so bad...

I would really like to help but I can´t due to
1) little spare time
2) modem-only internet at home
3) crappy home computer

I do have a nice P4 2.0ghz with a thundering 80kb/s-downloads internet company-owned server ...... at work :(

I have a private work room, I can surf the net all that I want, post in the CZ, etc., but it would "burn my movie" here :D :D if I started to listen to Overmortal growling Kilrathi taunts and working with hundreds of .wav files.

I also do have some voiceovers of myself to turn in but I´m not rushing since they are for a minor Main Campaign role and even the Prologue ones ain´t worked out yet.

Tempest have a role playing or he simply was organizing and debuging the wav files?
He has all prologue wav files?
I think we have something to do and I could do it.
If we need organize/manupulate/build SO files or other things that not been 'record' voices, I can do it. I'm sure that I can finish the voices in two weeks.
Now, the community seriously have to contribute with some member/sister/mother/friend/sweetheart/male prostitute (sorry) or somebody who can record the Sparrow voice :)
Quarto/Eder can you post here what exactly we need?

Nobody offense please... I only want release the prologue :)

I could ask my sister, she speaks fluent English, hope her accent isn´t noticeable. Just give me a sample line and you can audition her :p

At this stage, we're a bit more concerned about the dozens of other voiceover roles that Tempest had been managing than about Sparrow in particular, though :p. Especially since Tempest had already found someone to do Sparrow - it's just that we don't know what's going on about that.

OK, then we'll want for Tempest if only he have a lot of recording files that we have not... :(
I thought you also had that files and it was only a organizing/manipulating files

Oh, you know... everything.

Well people, I'm back. And yeowch, have I ever had the crappiest month of my life. But the last thing I'm gonna do is burden you people with my problems. There is minimal work left on the voiceovers, as I've been working on them reasonably extensively offline while I've been gone. Patience is a virtue, guys. Sometimes even us guys who work on producing this game for you have their lives crashing in on them. But, yeah.. crappy timing, huh? But lets see if I can get some lucky strokes going, and produce the rest of this work ASAP.

Three yays for Tempest!

YAY, YAY, YAY!!

Welcome back :D

Is your Sparrow still up to the task?

That's what I'm trying to find out. I e-mailed her earlier today, since she told me that she had been working on the voiceovers and promised to get them to me. Either she tried sending them to me while I was out of it (and for some reason they didn't arrive) or she hasn't sent them yet, I'll find out soon enough.

Tempest said:
There is minimal work left on the voiceovers, as I've been working on them reasonably extensively offline while I've been gone.
And that sounds more promising than most back-from-the-dead messages I've seen in the past decade. :p

ETA is the same as always - when it's done. We're not going to be more specific than that, because we simply don't know :p.

Quarto said:
ETA is the same as always - when it's done. We're not going to be more specific than that, because we simply don't know :p.

I'm guessing the ETA is 'before Duke Nukem Forever ships'. :D

And rememer, my connection is still currently rather shoddy, so if I don't answer people straight away, it isn't because I think you smell bad, rather it's because I can't. And in some cases, it's your smell. Ok.. most cases.

Y'see people, the hardest thing about doing the voice-overs, is that you have so many people you have to rely on. You will never believe how many people e-mail me saying 'I wanna do voiceovers! Please give me a role!', then they send a sample, I give them a role, and they either leave it incomplete (which is as good as not doing it at all), or I just never hear from them again. Unfortunately, it takes a lot more than just me to get this stuff done. I can't perform all the different voices myself ;)

But it'll get done, dont you all worry. I'll make sure of that.

Back