Voiceover role listing

Tempest said:
*unloads another 170 written comm-lines on Eder to dish out to the masses*
Thanks again for those :)

Tempest said:
But are those lines as the computer I did for the prologue the only ones within the prologue that you want me to do, or is there more coming? Or are you giving the drony comp a break until the main campaign? ;)
I'm not sure. IIRC, you've done all the computer lines we need for the prologue already, plus that one-liner, right? We might have more computer lines because of HCl's keypress patch (for things like "press J to jump"), but if you remember having recorded those already (I really don't remember now, we got the computer lines so long ago :)), then you're all out of things to record until the main campaign - which is a sign of competence :p

And yes, female comms are being worked on.

What about Australian comms?
Sorry to bug you, but I'd like to start trying out some lines.

Well, I think I can find something for you in those 170 lines Tempest mentioned. That's gotta include at least one pilot who'd sound good as an aussie :p

Eder said:
We might have more computer lines because of HCl's keypress patch (for things like "press J to jump"), but if you remember having recorded those already (I really don't remember now, we got the computer lines so long ago :)), then you're all out of things to record until the main campaign - which is a sign of competence :p

Yup, I recall doing the J for jump, and 'Move within *** range to initiate tractor' and so on, so I think that's that. Unless you can find something else which we skipped :p

Eder said:
Well, I think I can find something for you in those 170 lines Tempest mentioned. That's gotta include at least one pilot who'd sound good as an aussie :p

Hehe :) I actually think that second generic pilot I wrote up could be made to sound pretty Aussie. Just turn the ''to you'' into ''t'you'' and the ''pissing me off'' into ''pissin' me off'', and it should fit relatively nicely. I'm sure Filler, as an Aussie, will know exactly how to say it right.

Or, if you'd like, I can write up a new specific generic for you, the lines dedicated to an Aussie voice-role? - It's up to you guys. Either way, I don't mind.

- Tempest

Tempest said:
Yup, I recall doing the J for jump, and 'Move within *** range to initiate tractor' and so on, so I think that's that. Unless you can find something else which we skipped :p
I think that's it too, but I'll have to double check all of our voiceovers eventually, so if anything's missing I'll get back to you.

Tempest said:
Or, if you'd like, I can write up a new specific generic for you, the lines dedicated to an Aussie voice-role? - It's up to you guys. Either way, I don't mind.
Well, I'm pretty sure I want to get rid of that shitload of lines first :p

Eder said:
Well, I'm pretty sure I want to get rid of that shitload of lines first :p

Meep :rolleyes: I can live with that. Like I said, the second generic pilot could be made to sound Australian, or I can just edit one of those I sent you further to make it sound more 'stereotypically' Aussie (as much as I despise Steve Irwin) :D

Tempest said:
Like I said, the second generic pilot could be made to sound Australian, or I can just edit one of those I sent you further to make it sound more 'stereotypically' Aussie (as much as I despise Steve Irwin) :D
I don't think that would be worthwhile, Filler would simply refuse to record the lines then :).

Quarto said:
I don't think that would be worthwhile, Filler would simply refuse to record the lines then :).

Oh come on. Who could refuse recording the line after 'what's your status?', replying in "crikey! i better bung a bandage on before i cark it in a pool o' blood n' piss!"

..Okay, maybe everyone. :rolleyes:

Someone who talked like that wouldn't be a very good pilot. In fact, I don't think I've heard anyone talk like that.

Pretty sure that's the point. :) It's how we're stereotypically portrayed. Boy am I glad Standoff isn't following that tradition. :D

well, I don't care what Eder wants, I'm not going with that cutesy one-dimensional routine. It's just unprofessional.
I have that opinion with all the lines. Of course, I don't have that creative control. I cite the Saxman character having all lines music related.
And to quote myself
"curses! I'm dying! AND I DON'T HAVE A QUIRKY REMARK!!"

I wanted to let you guys know I didnt forget about Standoff but I've been fighting a vicious throat infection for the better part of a month. I only got half-way through the comm list provided toward me and right now my throat is so weak, continuing at this point is futile.

If you find it nessessary, please feel free to give my roll to someone else.

I hope you feel better Lehah. What are you using to counter the infection? Inhaling sprays? Cough drops?

LeHah said:
I wanted to let you guys know I didnt forget about Standoff but I've been fighting a vicious throat infection for the better part of a month.
Have you checked with a doctor? I had a throat infection the past month, and it stayed strong for 3 long weeks. Tried some brand-name medications which are popular for that kind of thing but the damn infection wouldn't back off... when I went to the doctor, he examined it and told me it was either a viral or allergic thing, so he prescriptioned me some other pills and I got a lot better after 3-4 days.

LeHah said:
I only got half-way through the comm list provided toward me and right now my throat is so weak, continuing at this point is futile. If you find it nessessary, please feel free to give my roll to someone else.
I'd like to have what you have done so far, and as for the missing half of the list, I'm sure it won't hurt us to wait until you are feeling better. For major roles like yours it's better to cast someone which we know won't disappear in a week than to get all of the prologue lines right away only to not get a reply from the actor when we need to continue the character in the main campaign.

Eder said:
Have you checked with a doctor?

Funny you should say that. After I made that post I had a doctors appointment and a 3rd blood screening in a month's time. This time I checked positive for Mono (Damned ex!) Ill send you what I have in a few minutes after this post.

Just let me know if you want me to zip & email all 24 of them that Ive made thus far.

LeHah said:
Just let me know if you want me to zip & email all 24 of them that Ive made thus far.
Yeah, that'd be the ideal thing. With the final voiceovers, we can get your pilot file worked out (only half of it will be placeholders) and our beta testing will be more fun. :p

Hope ya get well soon, man.

Back