Unbelievable

That was just a fluke. We would have conquered your planet with honourable means some time later, if you hadn't used that coward's weapon, you desperate apes.

(Really, mpanty we should not let this evolve into another "insults" thread, or some guys could get angry ;) )

Ok then... :)

I generally think that what we see in Joan's Fighting Spacecraft does not exactly reflect what is programmed into the game...

The Sabre's armour for instance... apparently, from what Mekt says, is greater than the Broadsword's... I don't believe that.
The Sabre's armour can get pierced in no time... the Broadsword's... it takes up more hits to do so...

Explanation? A difference in stats from the manual, and the game...

It has been a while since I played WC2 or WCA, I have to admit. The manual states that the Sabre's front/rear armour is thicker than the one on a Broadsword, there is no denying that. But you are right, it would not be the first time, that manual and game stats are different.
But as far as I remember, the Sabre's armour was quite thick indeed (as exchange for the somewhat weak shields) and when you battle those renegade Sabres in SO2, I think you to place quite a few shots in their front to get them. But as I said, it has been a long time...

Originally posted by Quarto
It was a fun little joyride. Mind you, I would have preferred a fighter which goes faster than 400 kps, but I guess we must take the good with the bad.
Hey, 400kps was fast for a fighter in the WC2 era, was it not?

Indeed, the Broadsword's thick shields might give you the false impression that it also has thick armour.

Originally posted by Wedge009
It was a fun little joyride. Mind you, I would have preferred a fighter which goes faster than 400 kps, but I guess we must take the good with the bad.
Hey, 400kps was fast for a fighter in the WC2 era, was it not?

No, 400kps was not fast for a light fighter in WC2. It was the average speed for a heavy terran fighter. The Epee and Ferret, light fighters, could fly 480/500 kps fast in WC2.
Although 400kps was the fastest Kilrathi fighters could make, except the Jrathek from WCAcademy.

In fact, I do not remember any WC game where 400kps could be considered fast. ;)

And Quarto: Which broadsword are you talking about? Neither the Priv manual nor Joan's give such values.

Eh? Both the Sabre and the Morningstar had a max speed of 400kps, did they not? And they're heavy fighters.

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
No, 400kps was not fast for a light fighter in WC2. It was the average speed for a heavy terran fighter. The Epee and Ferret, light fighters, could fly 480/500 kps fast in WC2.
In fact, I do not remember any WC game where 400kps could be considered fast.
400 kps was fast in WC1, and it was very good for a heavy fighter in WC2. But 500 kps is always better... ;)

And Quarto: Which broadsword are you talking about? Neither the Priv manual nor Joan's give such values.
So I guess you wouldn't dare attack a Kamekh without torpedoes, eh? :) After all, according to Joan's, it has Phase Shields...
Anyway, these values were from the game. I prefer to quote the in-game values whenever possible, because they are what we actually experience (aaand, they are what the game designers intended) in the games.

originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
Although 400kps was the fastest Kilrathi fighters could make, except the Jrathek from WCAcademy.
Except for the Bloodfang, which makes 460 kps...:)

[Edited by Death's Head on 04-10-2001 at 16:24]

In fact, I do not remember any WC game where 400kps could be considered fast.
400 kps was fast in WC1, and it was very good for a heavy fighter in WC2. But 500 kps is always better... ;)
Only one Terran fighter was slower than 400kps in WC1, one could fly 400kps and two were faster than 400kps. So I think 400kps was the average speed for a Wc1 terran fighter.

So I guess you wouldn't dare attack a Kamekh without torpedoes, eh? :) After all, according to Joan's, it has Phase Shields...
Anyway, these values were from the game. I prefer to quote the in-game values whenever possible, because they are what we actually experience (aaand, they are what the game designers intended) in the games.
How can I gain access to the REAL stats? They would really interest me as I consider them more valid than manual stats.

Death's Head: Of course, I forgot about the Bloodfang.But again: is this a confirmed in-game stat?

My point was that 400kps was not fast in WC2. Only the bombers were slower (surprise,surprise) and 400kps was the normal (=average) speed for heavy fighters. It was not bad for a heavy fighter, but compared to the other terran fighters it was not fast.

[Edited by Mekt-Hakkikt on 04-10-2001 at 16:32]

Well isn't it strange that the average Heavy Fighters of WC1/2 (Sabre/Raptor) make 400, while the Thunderbolt only makes 380? Considering how inferior the old fighters were in terms of shields/armor, this is still strange

Actually, on my first WC2 run, I thought the Kamekhs had Phase Shields. Always took ages to complete the patrol on that first mission with Spirit.

The Concordia is actually "churning the waters" in that mission, so if you're patient enough, you can see why a single corvette is no threat your carrier. :)

How can I gain access to the REAL stats? They would really interest me as I consider them more valid than manual stats.
There are ways. The best way, of course, is to use HCl's WC2/Academy ship editor. Obviously, if you can edit in-game stats, you can also write them down :).

Death's Head: Of course, I forgot about the Bloodfang. But again: is this a confirmed in-game stat?
Aye. There are no out-game stats for the WC2 Bloodfang, IIRC.

Back