Unbelievable

Hobbie

Spaceman
Ok, so I decided to play through SO2 once more for the hell of it and to try and get the second chance missions. I got through all the normal procedures and started the game. After talking to the Akko Station's comm officer, the game deletes and I go back to Windows. I tried it twice and both times it did the same thing. So I reinstalled just SO2. I loaded the game and got to the mission. Then the weirdest thing happened. I loaded in a Sabre with a no-name wingman defending the Concordia against 2 Crossbows (one with Rakti blood-drinker- bear with me), 3 Broadswords, and an enemy "carrier"(name in the vidcom) which happened to be the Concordia. So the Concordias fired lots of anti matter at each other for awhile. My wingman was killed almost immediately, while I smoked Rakti (those damn Crossbows take a lot of damage). I killed the other Crossbow. Then, the Concordias fired phase transit cannons at each other at the exact same time. My Concordia was killed, while the other survived (the Kilrathi comes on saying "heh, heh, another dead ape"). I destroyed two of the Boradswords, but they kept on launching until eventually I succumbed to all the FF missiles. I tried the mission again, and the same thing happened. When I looked at the Nav map, it showed one nav point called Base, where I launched from. I was told to defend this nav point (from the map). Unfortunatley, the Sabre had no torps, so I couldn't attack the enemy carrier. I tried to ask to land and Paladin was the com picture (no words could be heard). This is the oddest thing I have ever encountered while playing a video game. Very, very strange.

I swear its true, tell me how to get a screen shot and I will show you.

I knew this would happen. ;)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
The moral of this story is: lay off the LSD. :)

LOL!! But wait!! I saw strange things in some of the WC games too. Like that merchant in Privateer RF flying a Gothri! I need to get a screen shot of that. Ok before anyone says "lay off the wacky tobackie" or something else, my days of "casuall use" ended in 1980! Seeing strange things in the WC games isnt so far fetched. I like it when Talons and Stilletos fly into each other! :D

RFB

hum speaking of which, just what is wacky tobackie? It sounds sort of like tabacco, but tabacco doesn't seem like it would be discribed as wacky, yet if it's not tobacco what's with the tobackie part?

Pot.

Are you trying to grab the screenshot from the DOS version or the KS version? For the DOS, use PSXDump, for the KS, use HyperSnap.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF

Are you trying to grab the screenshot from the DOS version or the KS version? For the DOS, use PSXDump, for the KS, use HyperSnap.

Yes!! The Dos version. I need that PSXDump thing! I humbly request a copy!

RFB

[Edited by RFBurns on 04-03-2001 at 21:04]

Originally posted by Dekkar
hum speaking of which, just what is wacky tobackie? It sounds sort of like tabacco, but tabacco doesn't seem like it would be discribed as wacky, yet if it's not tobacco what's with the tobackie part?

Want me to sell you some? :p

Hmm, that wacky Concordia battle might seem believable - granted that Hobbie is using KS and has been having a lot of trouble getting the SO campaigns working with previous saved games.

That's freaky! Maybe there's a hidden program inside WC2 and you have stumbled upon it. Or your computer has the Nephilim virus. Quite nasty.

BTW... I just finished SO2 and I was quite disappointed... :(

It was SO EASY compared to SO1... In SO1, that mission where you had to fly Epees against other Pirate Epees... it took me FIVE hours to finish it victoriously!!!

And the last SO1 mission was very tough as well...

But SO2, HEY! Slick flying and all, but no major challenge there... The Gothris could take so much damage in SO1, but in SO2 they wer blowing up after a big salvo of particles from my Morningstar... :confused:

And that mission against Ayer's Rock starbase... you just need to send the Mace do the work...

Was there something wrong with programming, or what?

I think that starbase mission was just to show off how cool the Mace was. One shot-BOOM!!! I thought that was kind of neat.

It wasn't really in vain, Wedge. We recovered at least parts of Deneb in the months and years to come.

But when you get down to it, the whole Morningstar thing was a red herring to draw us away from the Kilrathi move on Deneb, and we fell for it. :(

Best, Raptor

No, that was just what Thrakhath told grand-daddy to explain his failure to capture Morningstar... Thrakhath was *definately* interested in the fighter earlier on.

The Kilrathi would have taken Deneb anyway -- since Concordia wasn't stuck in Enigma *because* of the Morningstar... (she was fighting a Kamekh, for some reason).

With all due respect monsieur LOAF, it still does not explain the difference in difficulty levels of SO1 to SO2... :confused:

Back