UE won't work

Originally posted by Starkey
... since it can almost run the game well. ...
Heheheheh.

LOL; reminz me of when I used to cook during summers off from college in this one particular restaurant. We had certain dishes that were almost delicious...:p

I like the Huds` design but not the color !:p

Quarto or Pedro insisted on color ? I dont remember :p

I finally figured out how to play UE on my machine (described in a previous post). I've renamed uemovies.tre AND uespeech.tre and the game doesn't crash anymore. I don't get to see the movies nor hear any plot-critical speech, but I am finally able to play the missions through the end.

Any comments on that from the game designers? Also, is there any movie viewer available that I could use to see the movies separately?

(and, I know, I know, I have to upgrade my computer... :( )

Hmm... do you by any chance have SO installed without the speech pack? If you don't have the SO speech pack, the UE speech pack won't work properly. One of these days, I need to see if that can be fixed.

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
I like the Huds` design but not the color !:p

Quarto or Pedro insisted on color ? I dont remember :p
pedro insisted on the colour, but I think it turned out well

Originally posted by Quarto
Hmm... do you by any chance have SO installed without the speech pack? If you don't have the SO speech pack, the UE speech pack won't work properly. One of these days, I need to see if that can be fixed.

Nope, I've downloaded and ran the FULL install file, then I had to rename uemovies.tre and uespeech.tre in order to keep the game from crashing.

Originally posted by Filler
pedro insisted on the colour, but I think it turned out well

Well I would prefer then another color...Doesnt matter who cares about the color! The game is perfect

There wasn't really another color to choose from, Confed had snagged the Border Worlds usual blue, the Kilrathi had taken red and even if they hadn't I didn't want the slightest link between the Border Worlders and the Black Lance, plus we did a good job of associating the nephilim with purple. Orange would have looked disgusting and yellow would have been... intresting at best.

I also got the same problem.
WCSO work fine but WCUE got blanking after opening movie.

I'm no idea what can I do. My mechine is P2/350 & 768M ram. SBLive(OEM) & Matrox G200 AGP.

Anyone can help ? please !!

Originally posted by Engine
I also got the same problem.
WCSO work fine but WCUE got blanking after opening movie.

I'm no idea what can I do. My mechine is P2/350 & 768M ram. SBLive(OEM) & Matrox G200 AGP.
Well, I must say I have no idea... what graphics mode do you run it in? I mean, it sounds like your computer should be capable of handling it.

A++

I got the game running well now (minus uemovies.tre and uespeech.tre), no more crashing.

I must say that I love everything about this game: Music (startling), graphics, ships (even the paper-armor-Epee), the Dauntless is amazing, the HUDs are great, the Kilrathi are TOUGH. But the best thing about this game is that the missions are complex, intelligent, well-scripted and backed up by an amazing story. The makers of SO should see this and LEARN how to make missions, not just scramble-and-kill-everything-that-moves or patrol-4-nav-points-and-kill-1,000-bugs.

I just wish I could see the movies :(

Did I see any problems with the game? Yes, but really so unimportant that I just forget about them. For instance, when I saw the Kilrathi capships I thought *they need some finishing*, like their *painting* looked like it needed another "hand". Also, it was weird to press Esc and see that Confed logo spinning, when you are in the BW militia. But, as I said, that really don´t matter. It is nice to see that, with no funding at all, just imbued by the love for WC, you were able to make such a great work. I wonder how far could you have gotten, provided the right $$$, an open code and state-of-the-art tools.

Just a question: I´ve just finished mission 7 (or 8?) where you scramble to save the Dauntless from torpedoes launched from Barracudas and Red Mantas, got the code for the fiction (ro**s) but the code won´t work on the fiction viewer. Why?

For instance, when I saw the Kilrathi capships I thought *they need some finishing*, like their *painting* looked like it needed another "hand".

Well, they were fairly old ships...

The best Old CapShip Textures for Fralthi,Ralari Ive ever seen are those from X-wing Alliance mod.They look very real !

Well,that doesnt mean that UE `s are not cool ! But I think that the Dauntless was made more carrefully than the other cap ships !

Re: A++

Just a question: I´ve just finished mission 7 (or 8?) where you scramble to save the Dauntless from torpedoes launched from Barracudas and Red Mantas, got the code for the fiction (ro**s) but the code won´t work on the fiction viewer. Why?
Hmm, there's some confusion here... ro**s is the password you get after mission 7. The mission you're describing is mission 6, the password there is ca****n. So, maybe you're just trying to enter it for the wrong mission - enter this password for the mission 8 fiction.

Originally posted by WildWeasel
It was truly moving to see a Bengal rendered in Prophecy's engine.
I second the motion! :) Now I eagerly anticipate the same experience with the Concordia (um, the one pictured on the box front for the WC2 Deluxe game--"Federation"-class, is it?...) someday...

Another problem :( On mission 10, you really put the minimum requirements to the test. My P166 handled (well, somewhat) the Dauntless, the Zu'Baka, three alien capships and a bunch of fighters, TOGETHER. However, all of a sudden, it crashed back to Windows because, I suppose, of the arrival of the Eisen. I'll try cutting down on the effects to see if I can play the mission to the end.

One question: which mode stresses more the CPU in UE: D3D or Software? Logically, it would be the D3D, but I know that the Software mode has some problems.

Back