Trouble with Wing Commander 2 controls/picking things up

The trial scene would have used 'WC1 Blair' because it would have taken place in 2656 -- before he got all those wrinkles (G) (to save space in the final version, they ended up using wrinkly-Blair in the Tolwyn's office scene, even though that's in '56, too... stress from the trial, I guess (G)).

Wha? That's exactly why...

The WC2 Blair graphic is 'old' -- but the trial takes place during WC1. So they used the WC1 'young' graphic instead of the old one...

Are you saying that they changed the character perspective, on the sole purpose of "era" or "age" differentiation, and not on esthetic principles? :)

Oh, no, they changed the character perspective so it'd look more like they were actual people having conversations -- rather than just staring at Blair.

The *age* thing is simply why they used the young Blair graphic in that picture.

I always thought it was funny having 'wrinkly' Blair at the start of the WC2 intro, but of course, they wouldn't include the 'young Blair just for one scene.

The KS manual would be far more worth it than the Academy manual. Academy only gives a brief history and discussion, and I don't think the stats are that accurate either.

The Academy has the most accurate in-game specs for the WC2 ships -- and it has interesting histories for all of them.

Back