Trouble with Wing Commander 2 controls/picking things up

Well fortunatly i have the Kilrathi Saga manual. But is different than the newsletters they came from, and i just thought it would be cool to see VS. Im not at the point where i can hunt down WC3 jsut for the manuals.

The KS Manual may be done by someone at some point.

Haven't even thought of Acad.

TC

Wedge, I believe it was the Lexington that was the top secret ship behind enemy lines. At least it seems so.

ANyway, I have the deluxe version of WC2, with the blue box, and the courtmartial scene that got edited is on the back.

I don't know why they edited it. It would've been a great plot explanation.

Academy has a nice manual. I like manuals where not only the stats are given but it is also said sth about the fighter (even if it is obvious) or a little story is told. But as long as they have the correct stats, I will be happy.

Then you will never be happy :). Even the most accurate of them all, Claw Marks, had incorrect stats.

(Actually, I guess the most accurate would in fact be either WCP, or WC4, both of which gave you so little detail that they really couldn't be wrong)

WC2 apparently originally had a scene of Blair's court-martial in the intro -- it was probably cut because the speech was too big and they wanted to have a full speech intro. The box, however, show's Blair-in-dress-uniform in front of a bunch of photographers...

Speaking of which, could you scan that part of the box in? I've never seen any WC2 box, let alone this one.

blaircourt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's weird... this perspective of Blair is the one we get in WC1: front face!!

However, in WC2, all the characters are shown in "sideways" perspective, between front and profile...

How do you explain that, LOAF? :)

My guess is that the sideways perspective gives it a more 3D look. The characters do seem to look better in WC2, even though it came out right after WC1.

Originally posted by Quarto
Then you will never be happy . Even the most accurate of them all, Claw Marks, had incorrect stats.

(Actually, I guess the most accurate would in fact be either WCP, or WC4, both of which gave you so little detail that they really couldn't be wrong)
Well, the WC4 manual was able to mess them up anyway by e.g. stating the Banshee as a heavy fighter. ;)And WCP with its zero-g-bomblets.
But it is true I cannot remember a manual with no faults. But with the fault ratio of the Claw Marks, that would be enough. :)
But what a pity they left out the scene. It would have been really interesting.

Originally posted by Icedagger
My guess is that the sideways perspective gives it a more 3D look. The characters do seem to look better in WC2, even though it came out right after WC1.

Ok, but what I'm asking, is why there's a picture of the trial on the WC2 back cover, when the perspective belongs to WC1... :)

Why, LOAF? Why? :confused:

[Edited by mpanty on 03-21-2001 at 12:43]

This a question for which mankind is not supposed to get an answer. Some things should be left in the dark...
:)

[Edited by Mekt-Hakkikt on 03-21-2001 at 12:50]

Back