Totally OT - I need some love guys

gryphon

Spaceman
My girlfriend since more than two years kicked me out of her apartment two weeks ago - never said a word about why. Today she tells me it's all over. And I have no idea why - when I ask her she says she doesn't have the stength to explain... She's sending me back the engagement ring by mail. It's times like this You really wonder whatthe hell God has against You. Sorry to blespheme the board, but this is the only place I have right now. Take care guys.

Well, this is the Off-topic zone, don´t worry.

Hey, cheer up! There´s plenty of women out there! Check out the chick I hit on last night. She´s coming to my house on Saturday, I´m throwing a massive barbecue with plenty of beer all day long. You´re all invited and, in case you don´t know, the drinking age in Brazil is 18! :D

I'm coming if You'll buy the plane tickets... I'll meet You in Vaquero's Cantina!

Nah, it's not that I'm suicidal, it's just after so long together breaking up isn't simply okay and then leave, there's a whole life to deconstruct... that's the biggest problem, it feels like I just rewinded a tape to 2000 and I have to start over with apartment and on and on...

Vaquero´s cantina is not close to here, you´ll find it 3 blocks from Ghost´s home. :D

If that chick did that to you she doesn´t deserve you. Go find someone worthy.

And you´re all right. You ain´t doing what I did when I broke up with my girlfriend (5 years :eek: ). I had to swab the CZ decks for almost a month :)

Yeah? I must remember that next time I swing by Ghots's place... I can play guitar You know.

Hey, I totally agree with You - but like I said, almost three years is a lot of photo albums, common vacations, memories, all that luggage. Don't worry, I won't swab the decks for long... like Rachel says, we all have to let go of our ghosts sooner or later

I'm not sure how old you are so I'm not sure what angle to approach your situation. It happens to almost all of us sooner or later. Time really always does heal everything. I'm in no way looking to have my life deconstructed, but if it did happen, I'd like to think I could now look at it as an opportunity to catch up on all the things that I haven't had time for. Lots of Wing Commander stuff I haven't done in a long time.

Okay, here we go, lets open a few dusty doors in my life. Girlfriend for sophomore, junior, and senior years in high school, we were going out and trying to decide which ring to buy. Then over a 2 week period, she withdrew farther and farther away, until finally she called the whole thing off without an explaination. Apparrently, it didn't destroy her like it did me, she starting dating a guy that was 12 years her senior, whom she worked with I might add (red flag!), but it killed me. I got something good out of the deal. I started really hitting the gym hard (I'd started and lettered in baseball and football in high school, so its not like I started out in horrible shape) and lost 35lbs over the summer (which I've kept off for 5 years now :) still a hefty 170). Anyway, it destroyed me and I thought I'd never heal from that experience.
Well, here I am 5 years later, graduating with a masters in electrical engineering in a few months, extremely happy since I've been engaged to the woman I love for 2 years (dating for 4 - though I did screw up a lot of relationships during the interim between the 2), planning out the rest of my life. What's the ex doing you ask? Well, as of the last time I heard (about a year ago), she was the housewife of the older guy (her modelling career just didn't take with him - though she would have been good at it) with 2 kids. I actually hope she is happy, but from the exterior . . .
You think that you'll never forget, that this will be something you take with you for the rest of your life, but that's partially wrong. You take the experience and it changes you, usually without you knowing it. But the specifics, the pain now, the memories, they fade after they've done their work. I tried to remember her phone number, the way to her house, hell I tried to remember what she looked like after I read this thread, and it just didn't happen.
Moral of the story, you'll feel like hell for a while. Weeks, months even. But in the long run, you'll pull something that will change you for the better from this, no matter how improbable that sounds right now.

C-ya

See Gryphon, if she treated you bad, she ain´t the one.

Me, I am almost over that girlfriend. Hopefully I´ll get things going with that TV chick Saturday. Sadly the picture doesn´t show the rest (and best ;) ) of her.

Viper described a case that is, sadly, common. Women who complain men have a fear of commitment should read about this. Of course we have, this stuff hurts like hell. Out of nowhere, someone "better" in her eyes appear, and you're history.

Makes you wonder if the well advertised concept that women are more loyal than men is a myth. A Myth based on a bureaucratic technicality irrelevant to personal relationships (“oh, but I broke up first”). Not that this is the only reason to why this happens.

If you are a "jerk" and don’t commit to a single girl, you somewhat shield yourself from this kind of thing, but misses a lot of good things too. Gryphon, the best thing I can say to you is that this gets better with time, even thought it seems it won’t. With time you’ll be able to get over it. But it still sucks.

Originally posted by gryphon
My girlfriend since more than two years kicked me out of her apartment two weeks ago - never said a word about why. Today she tells me it's all over.

You'd think you'd have figured it out after being kicked out :)

My girlfriend since more than two years kicked me out of her apartment two weeks ago - never said a word about why. Today she tells me it's all over. And I have no idea why - when I ask her she says she doesn't have the stength to explain... She's sending me back the engagement ring by mail...
What's her address?

::unsheaths claws::

SNIKT!

Seriously, though:

My wife left 2.5 years ago to go live with another guy (2 mos. after serving me w/ "the papers"), and didn't have the decency to return either the wedding OR engagement rings...

Trust me here: It ain't that God has anything against you. In fact, as someone else pointed out here, she likely wasn't "the one" for you, and perhaps God allowed it to happen for that reason. In any event, you will survive. (Read my sig, btw; it was in large part d/t that event that I chose that sig. I've been finding out since then just *how* true the quote is, though I'm still waiting for its ultimate fulfillment...).

Peace,
-Preacher

Me and my girlfriend of almost two years broke up not to long ago. It really sucked at the time, but then I realized she was sorta like a leech, and I'm way better off without her. After a while I also realized I didn't even like her anymore. I can do so much more stuff now and its really cool. There is a bright side, and in time you will see.

Edit: Oh yeah and that thing you said about your life being rewinded. So true, its like you wasted the time and now you just back to square 1. Oh well, you learn some stuff on the way, so even though it feels like that I'm sure it can't actually be that way.

Excuse me for spoiling the sympathetic mood, but these things are very rarely the fault of just one person.

That's definitely right.. and not necessarily a bad thing. Analyzing what your role was lets you improve in the future. Without that, you'd never see you were doing stupid stuff and get better.

It's not anyone's "fault" necessarly... There's a variety of reasons actually.

Of course, at least you've gained experience. Not that it will matter much, since it teaches you that what works on a situation might be useless on another.

Well guys, it seems WHY was finally answered today - I got my test results back and I have clamydia. Since I didn't have it before, and I wasn't unfaithful, there's only one place it could have come from. And now the mystery is solved, my sadness has turned to rage and I am very afraid of what else might be swimming around inside my body right now. Just thought I'd let someone know.

Well... I don't see how that answers "Why?", but... what's done is done, isn't it?

I just wanted to say that most of what has been said here is quite sensible. Yes, it's seldom the 'fault' of one person. Yes, it hurts now, and you'll still be remembering weeks, months, years later. Yes, it is good to learn from experience. And definitely yes, it certainly does free up time for other things like WC. ;) (Okay, so that last one might not be a fair trade, but still...)

I do want to add that I personally don't think it's a good idea to bear ill feelings towards ex-partners, however justified the sentiment might be. Such feelings can turn to bitterness and anger, and those are certainly things we can do without.

I can't say I have much experience with relationships, but I can say this: talk to your (offline) friends, spend time having fun with them, pick yourself off your feet and just carry on with life, that's all one can do. That you have let out your grief here is good, but it is only part of the healing process.

Women... who need's 'em? Why should we waste all that emotional stress, all that money money and all that time on them when the ultimate goal can be achieved with a wet towel? I say we just give up on them -- and then spend our time watching movies and playing Wing Commander. That's the life for me!

Seriously, I feel for you -- I'm sure we've all been burned like that in the past.

Well guys, it seems WHY was finally answered today - I got my test results back and I have clamydia.

Wow Clamydia.

It´s a bachteriae like a vaginal parasite, it is infected by sexual intercourse, so if you didn´t cheat her, surely she was infected from someone else.

Wedge - think about it. She and I were both clean when we entered the rlationship (on paper, so I know for sure). I stayed on my side of the court and wasn't unfaithful. That only leaves one possibility - she got the bug from somewhere else WHILE we were together. Which is the real rub...

Ghost is right on the money - sorry man I didn't see Your post.

And Wedge - You're absolutely right. Hate is a bad feeling that breeds hate. In two weeks this infection and she will both be a bad memory of the past. It's time to take it day by day and look forward to the woman I eventually will find.

As for LOAF - I think that's the way to go for a while now. After being in such a long relationship I'm going to need a while just being single and finishing RF, if You understand. You have no idea how information like this can heal a broken heart. If she could lie to be about something like this she certainly wasn't worth my hartache. I look forward to becoming healthy again and finding someone who will be better... Thanks for all Your support guys, it means a lot to me that folks I've never even met talk to me about this. You're all a great bunch of people.

Back