Todd & Rosy - a sad story, indeed

I actually really liked Maniac in the movie, and he and Rosie showing off to each other was a pretty fun part of the show, but even as a kid watching that movie I knew how it was going to end, I kind of remember wondering why they didn't realize it. Being older and having quite a few idiot mistakes under my belt now I understand of course. :p

(I like to imagine that Archer was one of them. But I also like to imagine that she died on the Tiger's Claw. I guess I just want Archer to suffer. I don't know why.)

Aww come on, being married to Maniac wouldn't be suffering, just really, really tiresome ;)

But supposing she did survive, married Maniac and all that it'd be rather odd that it never, ever gets mentioned. "Married an academy sweet-heart" seems like the sort of thing they'd throw into a bio, so she probably did die on the Claw. Too bad, being the ones that guided me into the Wing Commander universe I really liked the Academy cast a lot, to think they all simply died on the Claw bugs me quite a bit.

But that's war.

I actually really liked Maniac in the movie, and he and Rosie showing off to each other was a pretty fun part of the show, but even as a kid watching that movie I knew how it was going to end, I kind of remember wondering why they didn't realize it.

Hehe, I don't know -- there's a certain whistfulness in the "was it worth it" conversation... I think they both believe they aren't going home.

Too bad, being the ones that guided me into the Wing Commander universe I really liked the Academy cast a lot, to think they all simply died on the Claw bugs me quite a bit.

Maybe - on the other hand, it was a special command school... once everyone finished they may have been spread around to other assignments. Archer also impressed Tolwyn, who was known to reward officers on his good side. She might have ended up on the Concordia or the Austin...

(Am I the only one who was slightly bothered by the fact that she sounded exactly like and looked very similar to Lois Lane on the contemporary Superman animated show? :))

(Am I the only one who was slightly bothered by the fact that she sounded exactly like and looked very similar to Lois Lane on the contemporary Superman animated show? :))

Then maybe Superman saved her from the Claw's destruction ;)

Back