To WC-Saga-Team / Dev-Forum down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bandit LOAF said:
If there's anything we can do, just let us know. We can probably set up some kind of private forum for y'all.

Except for the whole you've banned one of the developers because you dislike his denunciation of your turning another game into a scapegoat

KazInExile said:
Except for the whole you've banned one of the developers because you dislike his denunciation of your turning another game into a scapegoat

I dunno, perhaps you can still access the hidden forum... Hmm, it is worth to give it a try.

Any ideas, when hlp may be back online?

KazInExile said:

I'm pretty sure we banned you because you were being a jackass. A search will reveal plenty of happy, unbanned people arguing about whether or not Freespace blows. (Do it quick, though, I'm going to ask Hades to .htaccess you).

KazInExile said:
The forum rules apply to you even if you're working on a fan project.

Hey, admins, an idea: ban him from all threads & forums except the ones for WC Saga (i.e., this one) if possible. That way, Kazan can sitll communicate with his team but he can't piss anyone off but the WC Saga people, and Tolwyn can delete the offending posts for you.

Just an idea, nothing serious. And no, I am not questioning the authority of the admins around here, who all seem quite mature and polite. I'm just trying to help solve a problem for my favorite mod.

Just to make sure that we all understand each other, KaZan is not a WC Saga Team member, but rather officially part of the Freespace 2 Source Code Project, the programming team that Saga "draws" help from during time to time. If I remember correctly, I think his current freelance project is to develop autopilot into the engine.

I've lost count of how many times we've had to ban him, and he posted a stupid rant to the Tech Support forum earlier. We allow guest posts in Tech Support since it's easier for people who need a quick solution to a problem. I think it's pretty clear that as long as Kazan is allowed to post anywhere on this forum, he's going to keep causing disturbances here and elsewhere. It isn't worth the effort and a full IP ban is the logical solution.

psych said:
Just to make sure that we all understand each other, KaZan is not a WC Saga Team member, but rather officially part of the Freespace 2 Source Code Project, the programming team that Saga "draws" help from during time to time. If I remember correctly, I think his current freelance project is to develop autopilot into the engine.

in this point you are wrong: Kazan IS a member of WCS team... He explained to me earlier this day, that given some time he will fullfill all our wishes.

Perhaps there is still a way to allow Kazan to post in this forum? I will take care of him, should he decide to start another flame war...

Tolwyn said:
Perhaps there is still a way to allow Kazan to post in this forum? I will take care of him, should he decide to start another flame war...
That's the way it was until yesterday. He could still post in here as a guest. Then he decided he had to troll the tech support forum, so it's a blanket IP ban from now on.

Tolwyn said:
in this point you are wrong: Kazan IS a member of WCS team... He explained to me earlier this day, that given some time he will fullfill all our wishes.

In that case, you better tell him to steer the hell away from me (he can't see this post as he's IP banned) and that he has no jurisdiction or say in my area. Last thing me and Viper want are another one of his "Laconda IV being bioweaponed is NOT canon and official!" criticisms of our story script and his "I exist above your chain of command!" rants.

Give him at least access to the internel part of WCS.
We need him and I don't have any problems with him...or any of his postings..learned to ignor things I don't like ^_^

Beside that I would also see Kazan as part of WCS. He is a importend member to this mod and it dosn't matter to me if you two have different points of view of things...settle that between the two of you but don't let it involve WCS in any way !
You two are old enough I think to handle this, aren't you?`

About Kazan and his postings here at CIC....who cares?
Lets him talk, in some points he might be right in others he is not...thats life...don't let it bother yourself.

So if you want to ban him from the rest of CIC..well its your desicion...but give him access to the internal..its quite importend for us.

Well Lars, him getting banned doesn't have anything to do with WCS. He has to live up to the same postings standards as everyone else here on the CIC. If he doesn't, regardless of if he's a WCS member or not, that's up to the CIC's call. I mean, that Pedro guy who worked on UE has been banned before for posting stupid stuff, and he couldn't hide behind "I did UE"!

I'm done posting on this thread, so this doesn't boil over.

gevatter Lars said:
So if you want to ban him from the rest of CIC..well its your desicion...but give him access to the internal..its quite importend for us.
I keep telling you people that that is the way it was until he forced us to IP ban him. If he's able to post to the WCS board, he's also able to post anywhere that allows guest posts.

And I find it hard to believe that someone who likes to troll our Tech Support forum is in any way important.

And I hope this time it will remain up...hate it to hope here and their every time instead of having all info at one place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back