To the UE team

As of yet the VS engine has been quite underused... I'm waiting for someone to at least start a project that will use the engine to its full potential.

Originally posted by Jumper
The truth of it is the WC1/2 engine code is either gone altogether...
Not completely. There's a nice little snippet in the WC2 (or WC1?) demo for some reason. :)

Originally posted by TC
It violates trademark if it could have an effect on the perception of the name, AFAIK (and I may be wrong. I have little knowledge of trademark law). Which, since it's called Wing Commander Unknown Enemy, it could have.

Hmm didn't look at it from that angle...
But then it is not like we did a tactical nuke that was named WC.

Originally posted by TC
Shrinkwrap licenses are bullshit anyway (although for a product that was free, it may be easier to defend it's legitimacy). That doesn't mean this is allowable under copyright law. UE blatantly takes Wing Commander material, recreates it, and distributes it. That'd be like EA going and making Half Life 2, saying they don't own the copyrights and giving it away and that being fine, legally.

Oh I am actually not sure if it would violate copyright law.
It would of course violate something, but I am not sure of it is copyright. Copyright just tells who originally invented something and _CANNOT_ be sold. So the copyright to WC1 for example still belongs to Chris Roberts I'd think.
I have no idea what the right to sell/license a piece of software is called in the US however. That is the one you'd violate I assume.

Originally posted by DoomsdayPlague
I have yet to download Vegastrike does it support in flight mouse control like prophecy does. (yes I'm to cheap to buy a joystick and anyway I got good flying with an opptical mouse)

Hey ! Fly with ThrustMaster ! There is the real fan!

All these out-law staff , I dont know.....

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
Hey ! Fly with ThrustMaster ! There is the real fan!

I have a laptop with no pc gameport so the cheap ten dollar joysticks are out of the question and usb is my only alternative and those range $20-$100 more if you get the super fancy ones. Plus I'm unemployed and in school so I can usually only spend ten bucks on game products at a time at the moment. so I had to Improvise. I never liked Joysticks anyway. in all honesty the only one that interests me is the 40 button steel battalion Joystick for the xbox at the moment.

Ups... I wasnt aware of these Doomsday :)

But the real fun is with Joystick ! When you find an opportunity buy one

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
Ups... I wasnt aware of these Doomsday :)

But the real fun is with Joystick ! When you find an opportunity buy one

Will do so but only when I'm employed again so for now I have to Improvise. and to respond to the recommendation of Vega Strike by Jumper and some of the others here I would like to state I just finished downloading it and I must say damn it sure is beatiful I like how the cockpit goes pitch black when the light isn't focused on it. It also takes to much space up on the screen as well so I had to turn it off. very impressive though. someone needs to start modding this game engine.

Originally posted by DoomsdayPlague
I have a laptop with no pc gameport so the cheap ten dollar joysticks are out of the question and usb is my only alternative and those range $20-$100 more if you get the super fancy ones...

Here's what ya do:

1) Spend about $15 for a USB-serial joystick adaptor (that's what I spent)
2) Then buy a regular serial port joystick and blast away to your hearts content!

Back