To ALL members here just want to say..

Kool, the reason why I was asking about the audio quality is because after hearing the kool background tracks to WC2 and the Special ops of it, now watching WC3 with it's MIDI track which sounds quite bad to say the least, so hopefully the special ops for WC5, is better!

Just to clarify though, the starter pack as well as the episodes here are they ALL the missions for Special Ops for Prophecy or just a 'taster' ?

The starter package is all the files you need to run Secret Ops including Episode 1. SO was an episodic release back in '98 with a new episode coming each week. The other six episodes are the additional missions. So to answer your question, yes those are every mission from Secret Ops.

Special Operations is the WC2 addon.

WCP is an entirely different game that you need to purchase to play. You can find fairly cheap copies of WCP on ebay and other sites.

if the 'gold' edition of Prophecy is being sold, minus the original box, is it worth gettin, I'm I missing out much in gettin one without the box, although there is an instructions CD with it apparently, also do I need to download a special 'patch' in order to play prophecy and its extras?

WCP Gold is WCP with SO included. You no longer need it since SO has been made free last summer.

I would recommend getting the normal version of WCP. I don't see a need for the box itself, but you will want the documentation. Even if it doesn't come with the docs, the CIC hosts all the WCP documentation online.

The only patch you would want to get is HCl's WCP enhancement package which improves graphics, adds multiplayer support and a few other features. You might also want to d/l the DVD quality movies that the CIC hosts.

I'd recommend taking a little time to explore the CIC itself. You'll not only find some of the answers you are looking for but a treasure trove of material.

The other question is though, with the download of SO does it include all the video and speeches as required or do I have to download that elsewhere? Reason being that I read with the online documentation that you may need to download a 'seperate patch' to get the full speeches/video for SO? (as stated in the documents that came ingame documents that is in the download of the starterpack)

Secret Ops doesn't have any video scenes. All the cutscenes are done in-engine. All the necessary files are included in the starter package.

What I wanted to know was with this free download of the Special Ops pack for Wing Comm 5 (as it's unofficially known)

To reiterate again, "Special Ops" are the WC2 addons and there are no expansions to Wing Commander Prophecy.

So the secret Ops that are downloadable they all contain full speech and not Midi Music I assume?

All the sound files for Secret Ops are included in the starter package.

Back