Tiger Claw Pic

Eder,
you are completelly right. I guess sometimes you get the wrong impression while playing the game.
and thanks for the picture!

BTW, The link on the top of the page is broken to me.

Edfilho said:
Eder,
you are completelly right. I guess sometimes you get the wrong impression while playing the game.
Oh, definitely. Specially when it comes to WC1 ships, I'd say, since for most of them not even the side and top views of each blueprint fit together very well... let alone fit with the sprites and the other in-game graphics.

The models used to render the WC1 sprites probably didn't look much like the blueprints either, so every time we see one of those ships in high res, it's bound to not look too much like (at least) one of the sources.

(If you want a real challenge, try to figure out what a Scimitar *really* looks like :p)

Sorry man, I don't think there is any picture of the Trojan IV shipyards. I guess this is up to your artist interpretation. Try looking at shipyards from other sci-fi series or at modern day shipyards to get a good background of what you need to do.

personally, I'm looking forward to see what you can do. It'll be neat to see row after row after row of capships being constructed.

Doesn't WC4 show the Vesuvius and the St Helens under construction?

(I always imagined the shipyards to be similar to the scaffolding shown in the Star Trek series.)

Somthing like what was in Star Trek the original movie one would be good. Just smaller, more boxy, varing in size between different docks, and have them attached together in an orbital fashion around a moon or, better yet, a planet.

Just my idea of a shipyard in space.
Good luck!

The Vesuvius wasn't built in a conventional fashion, though. It would be a bad example.

What about the models of the Speradon shipyards from WC4? I can't imagine the other shipyard facilites used by confed being all that much differant...

The shipyard in spearadon sounded more like a field refit station instead of true full blown shipyard.

I always kind of thought that Trojan IV would be a kind of massive box with the spiderweb construction slips along the sides, figured confed might be similar to the kilrathi and build the heavier carriers and larger ships in fully enclosed slips like the ones that the kilrathi had on kilrah's moon. That way people could work in fully pressurized environments while building them.

Probably way off, but just my poorly explained take on things.

The St. Helens and Vesuvius were built in very different ways from earlier carriers. Factory ships (kind of like the Andrew Carnegie) did all the work of several installations all on site.

m55t1080402246.jpg

Back