Tiger Claw Pic

I didn't tihnk it was squished at all, I like just that way. I actually think the UE bengal is too "tall". The "real" proportions of the 'Claw are in the Claw Marks.

The Dauntless has as much of the "real" proportions as possible - this also tells us that one of the views shown in Claw Marks is wrong.
nope.png

This looks really great. I do have some observations though. During the first McAulffie engagement, the Kilrathi didn't slink around. Once Confed knew they were in the system, they knew where they were; it was just a problem of mobilizing. Also, in English, the first pilots question would be something like "Where the hell are those furballs hiding?"
Anyway, I'm really excited about this comic book type addition to the WC fan projects.

C-ya

Thanx Viper61,

I fix it right away. Those pilots are patroling nav point before the confed fleet move on the kilrath fleet. But it is true the dialogue is not really good, i am better with graphic then word.

The best for me will be to team up with a wing commander fan fiction hard core guys! :D

So any brave are willing?

Wow. This is by far the most impressive thing I have seen come out of the community in a while (though that's purely a matter of opinion). Just amazing work with really great style. I really hope to see more of it.

It's a great idea.

Something I'm noticing is that these pilots are flying Hornet class light fighters, which I believe weren't introduced to Confed forces until just prior to wc1... It may be worthwhile just to scrap the whole McAuliffe motif, and set the story in a different system at a different time with a different Bengal class carrier to try and avoid continuity errors like this. It's what I've done with a series of animated wing commander shorts I'm working on and I find that it just makes it easier to have fun with it and tell the story. Especially if it will be written page by page by the community, seeing as not all of us are that well versed in the details of the battle of McAuliffe.

Maybe you want to do something in Custer's Carnival? That had the Tiger's Claw.

Or maybe you want to draw some Raptors and maybe young Geoff Tolwyn in the Enyo Engagement? That was in 2639.

I think the main problem with the McAulliffe ambush is that there were no Bengal-class carriers around in 2634, not ones of the WC1-game-type at least (movie version doesn't apply to this).

excellent art. I am looking forward to see more of it.

BTW, you can download models from this site here: http://wcmdf.solsector.net/ if you are looking for the general shape of WC ships. If you are looking for WC1 ships I should have a few models on my hdd

The "movie version" shouldn't look significantly different when rendered in the WC1 style - just a bit smaller.

The idea i have at first was to see just a bite from McAuliffe attack and then switch to one of the survivor pilot weaking-up from a bad dream (McAuliffe attack post-sydrom war) the same pilot will be then transfer to the Tiger Claw skeleton crew (Giving me the chance to draw the Tiger Claw under construction at Trojan 4).

It was just a idea i have.
No prob. to start from the begining if the community want to do something else.

We can even go panel by panel. (one panel by membre)

So lets talk about this!

AUSTIN CREWMAN said:
The idea i have at first was to see just a bite from McAuliffe attack and then switch to one of the survivor pilot weaking-up from a bad dream (McAuliffe attack post-sydrom war) the same pilot will be then transfer to the Tiger Claw skeleton crew (Giving me the chance to draw the Tiger Claw under construction at Trojan 4).
Sounds pretty good to me. Though he wouldn't go straight ot the Tigers Claw, it would just so happen that he was transferred there. I'm a bit rusty, but isn't the first thing the 'right out of space dock' Tigers Claw participates in is Custer's Carnival? Give our pilot a chance to interact with at least one well known WC character in Paladin (if I'm remebering correctly about the TC and Custers Carnival).

C-ya

Custer's Carinval would be a better battle to render.
Straight from the enc...
Custer's Carnival
In 2644, Terran ground forces launch an attack on the fortified Kilrathi Kr'azna colony. Unexpected Kilrathi fighter cover causes the ground forces to retreat in their lightly armed transports. Since the transports had little chance against the pursuing heavy Kilrathi warships, the TCS Tiger's Claw attempts to intercept the Kilrathi warships and give the transports time to escape. The Tiger's Claw succeeds in allowing the transport to escape, but suffers heavy losses and damage. The Claw retreats in to Terran space with three quarters of its engines destroyed and half of its pilots injured. Two Gold Stars and numerous other medals are awarded to Tiger's Claw pilots. The Claw itself is forced to spend six months in spacedock repairing.

There's some confusion regarding the battle. Custer's Carnival was in 2649, and it was *not* the Tiger's Claws first mission.

From the "Pride of the Fleet" section in Claw Marks:

2644: The newly-launched TCS Tiger's Claw, on its shakedown cruise, carrying a minimal spacecrew and an under-experienced command, finds itself in the path of a surprise Kilrathi invasion force. The ship's unexpected presence along the Kilrathi flight plan, clever tactics on the part of the command crew, and performance above and beyond the call of duty by the spacecrews rout the superior Kilrathi force. Shortly thereafter, Tiger's Claw is given permanent assignment in Vega Sector.

Later sources have confused this action with Custer's Carnival - but they're not the same at all. (In fact, the same timeline goes on to describe the 'Claws involvement in Custer's Carnival five years later).

Austin Crewman,

If you do want to write about Custer's Carnival, then the retreating fleet that the Claw covered was 10 Draymans. It was mentioned in the official WC1 guide.

As I've said before, I'll very much like to see if you are willing to do the Enyo Engagement.

They considered doing another 'Action Stations' style prequel set during the Enyo Engagement (centering around then-Captain Tolwyn's involvement).

You know, the in game models and blueprints, even the WC2 intro don't match. In the game, the rear "slope" up to the engine area is steeper, the tower seemed shorter and the Claw had 6 engines, not 5.

Back