Theory of the WC universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Pedro
Edit: Having said that about the game it was full of holes and some glitches, also felt very incomplete, damn good but you got accused of killing ISO even when he was a rep and Steele and killed him, she should therefore KNOW you weren't a rep ;)
I never played that storyline. For me I never killed Iso, and neither did anyone else. He just got away, never saw him again.
And Steele doesn't think I'm a rep until way in the end when I kill her near the Moonbus.
What I like about the game is that it leaves you thinking about what's the truth, because you never know if you're a rep.
But generally I don't like such dymanic games, because you always feel you're missing something. Like I once got a scene in Tyrell's office, but I haven't been able to get there since.
Hmm, a while back they had the Director's Cut in a local video store, but it's long gone now. Maybe I'll search for it, if I have the time.

But in the movie, especially the directors cut you don't know if you're a rep either ;)

And by not playing all the endings you are really missing out on somethings, there are 13 of them :) More if you count the fact that you can have a near empty or near full moonbus at the end if you decide to join the reps

The original edit to the film didn't have a definitive answer to Deckard being a Replicant either. Keep in mind, the original cut didn't have the dream sequence, so the mache unicorn in the end takes on a new meaning: He's the last one of a unique kind.

Also of note, the fact that Deckard's boss says that 5 Replicants tried to break into Tyrell Corp the night before and one was fried. Many speculate that Deckard is the 5th Replicant, reprogrammed to hunt down the other 4.

Rutger Hauer still makes that movie. Student Actors in school should watch him in that repeatedly. :cool:

LOL@Lehah
just kidding mate but you don't go through a Blade Runner craze for a year without picking up on those basics *g*

Theres more too :) Look into it you'll be suprised

Well, Pedro, did you know that the arangement of Tyrell's chessboard and the chess move Sebastian does from the elevator
is the exact same as "The Immortal Game" played in the late 1800s? ;)

I think it's just to show how smart Tyrell really is. Also, his bedroom was heavily based after a specific Egyptian king, but I forgot what one.

Oh, Syd Mead also designed the city-scape in BR. I'm sure you realize what he did in WC as well. :)

Originally posted by Supdon3
Well if didnt sell poorly that means it sold well, which would be profitable. 750,000 units is a pretty decent run for a game.
Not necessarily, there's 'poorly', 'well', and 'just okay' (break-even). I think this might be a matter of semantics but an item can sell *well* but not be profitable. As each successive WC game got bigger/better it also got costlier requiring more sales to stay profitable. I would guess that WCP & P2TD were not as profitable as EA/Origin had hoped.

They weren't but by normal standards they were insanely profitable, it was WCIV that made the loss :p

Indeed, in the UK music charts, records that "only" reach the top ten are called poor performers in the press, based on earlier record sales.

Although I'd think that 750,000 was a reasonable figure for a game to reach. It's only things like Pokemon, Mario Bros and Sonic that really sell millions upon millions of copies.

Originally posted by Knthrak
Zor Prime...r u saying WC is a dying genre...

*smacks out Zor Prime*

*points @ Zor Prime* HERETIC :eek:

No, according to sales figures, the space sim genre as a whole is going down. But hopefully, it's about to make a big comeback. Several new games have just been released that will hopefully jumpstart the genre again.

Originally posted by Marcml30

Not necessarily, there's 'poorly', 'well', and 'just okay' (break-even). I think this might be a matter of semantics but an item can sell *well* but not be profitable. As each successive WC game got bigger/better it also got costlier requiring more sales to stay profitable. I would guess that WCP & P2TD were not as profitable as EA/Origin had hoped.

Untrue WCIV was the most expensive WCP was much cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back