Then what did we see in the movie?

Originally posted by Col.Dom
His role in Sliders was awesome. It's a shame, his character's fate....
Yeah... he played the arrogant professor very well!! I loved that show! :)
Then I guess they had to make room for the newcomer, so... :(

A girl replaced him, this girl:

maggie.jpg

... then in the subsequent seasons, even Wade was replaced.

Here's the full story:

From http://www.sliders.net/

... the character of Maximilian Arturo was killed off and a new character, Maggie Beckett, played by Kari Wuhrer was introduced. John Rhys-Davies was fired from Sliders by the producers to bring in the younger, sexier, female character in an attempt to raise the ratings with teenage/young adult males. In addition, the producers felt that the characters were too "family" like and didn't have enough conflict, so all of a sudden, after 2 1/2 seasons, the characters are all at each other's throats.

At the end of the third season, the show was cancelled by FOX, but it has since reappeared on the SCI-FI Channel.

The new season begins with only three sliders returning, as the actress who played Wade Wells (Sabrina Lloyd) left the show during hiatus. The character of Wade Wells has been kidnapped by the Cromags from Earth Prime where she and Remmy returned. A fourth slider, Colin Mallory appears around the 6th episode. The character of Colin is played by Jerry's real life brother, Charlie. Charlie has appeared in Sliders before in bit parts in the second season finale As Time Goes By and in the third season episode Dragon Slide.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Hey, I remember when Sliders didn't suck!

I think Sliders went into the toilet when John Rhys Davies left the show. Yay Paladin! Prof. Arturo was always my favorite one of the Sliders.

Sliders started sucking when they slid into a universe that was just like whatever popular movie had just come out that week.

I never really got into sliders because I felt that it was too unrealistic. Davies, I felt was the only good actor in the show.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Sliders started sucking when they slid into a universe that was just like whatever popular movie had just come out that week.
Eh, that's not a bad way to put it... :) But I think coincidentally, it was not so long after John Rhys Davies' character left the show...

Back