Then what did we see in the movie?

Everything is explained by the lack of funds. If Chris Roberts had the same funding as George Lucas, he would have made Star Wars special effects look like the ones in "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" (at least to us, WC fans) :D

Originally posted by Happy
well that explains the hair, but what about the parallesis(sp?)
j/k

The excessive radiation exposure is causing their skin to rot, and if they move too much, then it'll slough off.

:D

Originally posted by Happy
im guessing ur referring to:
"for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction."
but if this applied to an extreme, we would not be able to smile.;)
all i was saying, is that it was just bad animatronics.

Actually I was thinking of puppet/anti-puppet overlay :p

I think the Kilrathi in the movie were a lot more disciplined, if anything, than the Kilrathi that we're all used to. I mean, they all die the same exact way! A species so militant that they'd make a facing movement for getting shot!

HAHAHA :D

Personally, the Kilrathi from WC3 are the best. They are what I consider "Kilrathi," per se. If you ask me, Roberts should've stuck with them. Were they more expensive or something?

Not "more expensive" per se... more "blatantly obviously puppets when not being viewed in an incredibly compressed early-90s FMV codec" :)

Originally posted by pygmypiranha
Why did they cut out the scene with Sansky as the trator? Did it just not come out right or what?

They cut out the entire subplot with Sansky and Wilson being the traitors -- because test audiences didn't recognize Wilson later in the movie (you see him for a second in the intro -- but you forget him by the time it's "revealed" that he's the traitor).

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Not "more expensive" per se... more "blatantly obviously puppets when not being viewed in an incredibly compressed early-90s FMV codec" :)

Well... yeah. They did look extremely puppet-like. However, for some odd reason, Melek's puppet in WC4 looked a lot cheaper than his awesome, fearsome puppet in WC3. He just looked too cuddley in WC4, ya' know...?

Sansky was supposed to betray!?

EDIT: Heh heh. Maniac has been released from his "Major-for-Life," stigma :cool:

The real Maniac got knocked back to Major after WCIV... that can happen to you, too. :)

New-Melek looks horrid because the video quality is better, presumably. (His head actually looks sort of cool in person... but he looks like a daggit on film).

The Caitian are a race of Cat-like humanoids from the planet Cait they appeared in some ST:TOS chapter.

Another riddle:

It´s green, appears 1 time per game, say some shit and later disappears for good.

Originally posted by Wulf
I saw a cat-like species in some star wars art. any clue as to what that race is?

There have been a few cat-like creatures to appear in Star Wars fiction, so the denominator "Cat-like" is not all that useful, unfortunately. Out of the two races I remember, one was a relatively naive individual with an amazing aptitude for engineering and technical skills. The other was a new crew member of The Wild Karde, in Timothy Zahn's last pair of Star Wars novels (Shadow of the Past and Vision of the Future).

Originally posted by Ghost
The Caitian are a race of Cat-like humanoids from the planet Cait they appeared in some ST:TOS chapter.

Another riddle:

It´s green, appears 1 time per game, say some shit and later disappears for good.

Doh. I remember the Caitians now. They were one of the races in the Star Trek RPG from ages and ages ago (not the newer ST:TNG RPG). I had thought they were a new race in the game, but I don't know enough TOS to know for certain.

Green, 1 time per game, and disappears for good sounds like the Steltek in Privateer.

Originally posted by junior

There have been a few cat-like creatures to appear in Star Wars fiction, so the denominator "Cat-like" is not all that useful, unfortunately. Out of the two races I remember, one was a relatively naive individual with an amazing aptitude for engineering and technical skills. The other was a new crew member of The Wild Karde, in Timothy Zahn's last pair of Star Wars novels (Shadow of the Past and Vision of the Future).

Interesting...thanks, man!

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
The real Maniac got knocked back to Major after WCIV... that can happen to you, too. :)

New-Melek looks horrid because the video quality is better, presumably. (His head actually looks sort of cool in person... but he looks like a daggit on film).

Oh oh :eek:

Yes, Melek does look like a daggit on film. I also think that losing Tim Curry as his voice did no good, either :(

Say- was it John-Rhyes Davies who voiced Thrakhath? I'm pretty sure he did but I don't have Victory Streak close by....

He gets a fair amount of work: He did Sliders, two of the Indiana Jones movies, Disney's Gargoyles, aforementioned LotR and a bunch of movies no one's seen, cartoons on Sunday morning and a bunch of crap here-and-there.

Originally posted by LeHah
He gets a fair amount of work: He did Sliders, two of the Indiana Jones movies, Disney's Gargoyles, aforementioned LotR and a bunch of movies no one's seen, cartoons on Sunday morning and a bunch of crap here-and-there.

His role in Sliders was awesome. It's a shame, his character's fate....

Yeah, my dad flipped out when he saw John Rhyes Davies in WC3. He was like "THAT'S THE GUY FROM SHOGUN, OH MY GOD!!"

Eh, he was a fan.

Back