Then what did we see in the movie?

pygmypiranha

Vice Admiral
The Movie Kilrathi

The Kilrathi in the Wing commander movie obviously are not the same kind of Kilrathi from the game. Its like we saw a completely new alien. What on Earth did we see in the movie? I wonder if Twentieth Century fox actually did some research and found out that the general audience wouldn't understand giant cats attacking humans. It may even deal with the fact that they didn't want kids to be afraid of their house cats or something? Who knows.

rock31.jpg

Im telling you people, Mr. Bigglesworth is more evil than he seems. Dr. Evil was just childs play. that's why the only good place for a cat is the microwave:eek:

And, in the games, they call the humans "Hairless Apes", like if they had any hair in the movies...

But Seriously...

The Cats aren't even cats in the movie. I mean look at that picture. They are green and look like some kind of creature from critters. I don't know about anybody else, but I think that Chris Roberts made a huge mistake changing the look of the cats. They should have stayed cats. Maybe I am wrong, but look at them, name one feature other than the claws and maybe you can make a believer outta me that I am completely wrong.

Re: The Movie Kilrathi

Originally posted by pygmypiranha
The Kilrathi in the Wing commander movie obviously are not the same kind of Kilrathi from the game. Its like we saw a completely new alien. What on Earth did we see in the movie? I wonder if Twentieth Century fox actually did some research and found out that the general audience wouldn't understand giant cats attacking humans. It may even deal with the fact that they didn't want kids to be afraid of their house cats or something? Who knows.

Perhaps they didn't want to be sued by Larry Niven. :)

Re: Who?

Originally posted by pygmypiranha
Who is Larry Niven?

Science Fiction author. Been around for a long time. Many of his books are set in the 'Known Space' universe (haven't got a clue how it got that name...), and one of the races in that universe, the Kzinti, is a race of large humanoid felines with a proud warrior heritage, and that, shortly after first contact, fought a number of wars with a race of apes.
Sound familiar?

IMHO, I doubt Niven would have done anything about the Kilrathi had they had fur. Maybe if they had been made to exactly resemble the Kzinti in the animated Star Trek series there might have been problems, but the Kilrathi and Kzinti are hardly the only humanoid felines to appear in science fiction stories.

Two cookies for the one that spots Ghost's mistake... :)
Originally posted by Ghost
All of you forgotted about the Caitian from the planet Cait
Muy dificil el inglés, ¿verdad? ;)

Back