The worst chewing out

What about Capt. Wilford's "Erupting Lava" routine? I've only seen clips of it -- but it happens in Prophecy if you destroy the alliance with the Kilrathi by murdering them, then cover it up. Of COURSE the Captain finds out about it eventually and "carpet time" takes on an entirely new meaning.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Eisen = the Man

It was I, Ghost, who said that the "Elves Working on the Victory," chew-out was best! Truly, the best. Eisen in top form :)

Captain Eisen's "elves" chewing-out was definitely the best in the series for me. As for the one that I hated the most, though, that would have to be Rachel's in WCP. The last time I played the next-to-last mission (the back-to back one), I came back ecstatic with just a relatively little bit of damage and she blew up all over me! Talk about a let down!

I think the worst for me was Wilford's explosion, that guy could peel paint. Although Sosa's attitude if you let Catscratch die is very nice.Eisen on average had more of a variety of chewouts.

Tolwyn's at the begining of WC2 was pretty good and Halycon gave some pretty good ones as well, but the "Elves" speech rules.

Originally posted by bonemouth
As for the one that I hated the most, though, that would have to be Rachel's in WCP.

Too right, you'd finish a mission and she'd bite your head off, going on about how you should try to bring a little more of your ship back next time... Maybe she thought the Nep were armed with water pistols?

I would have to say Wc3: Eisen's elves chew and Wcp: Wilford's chew if you attack the kilrathi and get caught later on in the game, his face was so red!!

Halcyon never got to me. Tolwyn was pretty bitchy in WC2. Eisen was just... amusing. Wilford could scare the piss outta ya! :)

You guys are all forgetting Pliers! His were awesome. It was cool to listen to him bitch at you while you picked your loadout. hehe :D

Well

It wasn't that Halcyon's chew-outs were scary or terrible... they were more convicting and made me feel bad. He was more like a stern father than a superior officer.

Halcyon gets my vote, I agree with Col.Dom, he just makes you feel really bad (psychological punishment?), like if you lose the Ralai full of marines, rather than chew you out, he just says
"You let me down, son"
For me that is worse than being bawled out
But then again, Wilford is pretty terrifying :eek: (BTW was it just coincidence that the red alert light reflects off his face making him look even madder)

Originally posted by Dak

Too right, you'd finish a mission and she'd bite your head off, going on about how you should try to bring a little more of your ship back next time... Maybe she thought the Nep were armed with water pistols?

Right. This scene makes me not feeling that you could have done better, it makes me hating Rachel.

Back