The worst chewing out

I love that movie. :D
BTW; some while back, when I was just here, someone said: "Maestro was gay", but I don't remember who that was. He's not. Remember in the WCP intro, where Stiletto finds the booze and we learn that he had stolen it from some kind of high ranking bozo's private reserve after seeing his DAUGHTER for a while. Just thought of that with all the stuff 'bout Stilleto flying around here.

Okay, going back in time here with the threads. I'd say the worst chewing out was Angel to Maniac, from the movie. Halcyon was probably the most effective in terms of letting you know how high the stakes were, and how bad you feel. But how Angel in WC2 controls the troops is in my opinion the best. She grounds Stingray for not flying, threatens to boot Blair, has Stingray fly bottom barrel jobs as punishment, chews out Blair over the stealth fighters, grounds Stingray again (for of all things thinking a mission is dangerous), threatens to boot Jazz, and generally tries to keep order. Yeah, I know what I said Angel before, but in this case she was running a ship, and in my opinion was quite fair.

Well, she was fair except for the part where she illogically refused to even think about the possibility that Blair was telling the truth about stealth fighters :rolleyes:

Well, maybe her hands were tied. Tolwyn did watch over things very closely, and Angel, as unfair as she may have been with not acting on the stealth fighters, wouldn't run off with a story that without proof would only make Blair look worse.

Wait a minute... So if you're tied down you're going to ignore/blow off a story about *INVISIBLE* enemy fighters in the immediate area? This is a serious safety risk. And it's coming from a seasoned pilot that the woman's suppossedly in *LOVE* with.

Actually, the problem was:
- there was no proof.
- the possibility that Kilrathi stealth fighters could even exist was not reasonable.
- almost ONE pilot knew about those fighters.

It was more fear than anything else. They feared such a "weapon" could exist and was in the Kilrathi's hands.

You are wrong they knew about Kilrathi stealth fighters in that Academy episode, even Tolwyn knew!

IIRC, that was a Salthi, right? And it was only a sensor stealth, or something like that, whereas the Strakha, AFAIK, had full camouflage cloaking.

I can´t remember if it was a Salthi (certainly it didn´t looked like a WC1 Salthi) , it looked more like a Sartha, but i could be wrong.

Originally posted by Ghost
You are wrong they knew about Kilrathi stealth fighters in that Academy episode, even Tolwyn knew!

Yes, yore right... I forgot that one... you got the point ;) but I still think that they chose to hide it because they had no means to fight this technology...

A more likely guess is that Confed found a simple flaw in the early Kilrathi 'stealth' technology (much as the Nephilim ignore Confed cloaking technology), while the later WC2 stealth fighters (starting with the ones that sank the Tiger's Claw) used radically different technology.
Blair's blaming the Tiger's Claw disaster on "ghost fighters" would look like a pathetic excuse to shift blame, and the fact that they vanished for ten years (due to the destruction of the facilities on Gorah Khar) would only serve to make him look more the fool.

"I didn't screw up! Invisible fighters did it! Honest!"
"Uh huh. Sure. And the reason no one's seen any of these fighters for the last ten years is because they're invisible, right? Tell me, Blair, were they being flown by BEMs?"

But its just one plausible scenario.

Originally posted by Wedge009
IIRC, that was a Salthi, right? And it was only a sensor stealth, or something like that, whereas the Strakha, AFAIK, had full camouflage cloaking.

I'm rather sure it was called a Strakha... but it just looked like a Salthi painted black.

it was called the Strakha. it looked a Sartha painted black. and i believe there was only that prototype, so it's likely that confed figured the kilrathi abandoned those attempts to make a stealth fighter because the prototype was destroyed and the cats figured that it could be detected.

as for the best chewing outs, Halcyon is the best, followed in close second by Eisen and the elves speach. for some reason, wilford always makes me laugh when i hear his speach.

Originally posted by Aries
it was called the Strakha. it looked a Sartha painted black. and i believe there was only that prototype, so it's likely that confed figured the kilrathi abandoned those attempts to make a stealth fighter because the prototype was destroyed and the cats figured that it could be detected.

Actually, they still were aware that the cats were researching stealth due to the "skipper" missiles from the movie.

C-ya

Originally posted by Viper61
Actually, they still were aware that the cats were researching stealth due to the "skipper" missiles from the movie.

Tolwyn was quite aware the entire time that there was stealth tech out there... Go rewatch the academy episodes and play some SWC to get a better feeling for his motivations for hiding it.

Back