• WC Online

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • WC Strike Team

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Wing Commander & Conquer (RTS Game)

Votes: 3 5.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A "WC game that never were" that I'd REALLY like to play would be some "alter-reality" sequel to the bad end of WC 3.

Earth was conquered, but the Kilrathi still have to sweep across all over Confed territories to total the human race. Humans would hardly surrender after the fall of Earth - even if it's because surrendering means slavery.

It would be nice (and a real challenge) to play as part of a surviving Confed fleet, jumping from human enclave to human enclave, trying to slow down Kilrathi advances with guerilla tactics and living from captured enemy supplies...

Now that is an idea. They have alternate realities in everything. Like, I remember watching one of the Superman movies and Lex Luther was in prison. Last I heard he's the President! And with Wing Commander, especially with the movie having conflicting storylines, there's lots of oppotunity for that sort of thing.

Originally posted by Sycrusian
A "WC game that never were" that I'd REALLY like to play would be some "alter-reality" sequel to the bad end of WC 3.

Earth was conquered, but the Kilrathi still have to sweep across all over Confed territories to total the human race. Humans would hardly surrender after the fall of Earth - even if it's because surrendering means slavery.

It would be nice (and a real challenge) to play as part of a surviving Confed fleet, jumping from human enclave to human enclave, trying to slow down Kilrathi advances with guerilla tactics and living from captured enemy supplies...

I want to see an evil, "mirror-mirror" universe, where the Terran Confederation is the Terran Empire.

... and everyone who is clean shaven shall have a goatee! BWA HA HA!! :p

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
Oh, that's a nice image for Yolanda Jilot. Ick. But seriously, we did get that in The Price of Freedom.

True, true. I really wish Confed stuck with their dress uniforms from 4. Those ruled.

Originally posted by Rostek
I'm going sound crazy here, but wasn't WCP meant to be the start of a new WC triogy (sp?). I'm sure that in one of the early review of WCP it said that it was going to be a new starting point, possibly for a war with the bugs...

Jup it was. Strike Team was the code name of the sequel to Prophecy BTW. Doesn't seem like much more then the name was ever done however ;)

Originally posted by Col.Dom
I want to see an evil, "mirror-mirror" universe, where the Terran Confederation is the Terran Empire.

... and everyone who is clean shaven shall have a goatee! BWA HA HA!! :p

But we already have that, WC4 :)

You know why Maniac Missions would be a cool game? Because there are so many different areras of the Wing Commander Universe it could explore further. Examples: It could focus on Maniac's activities before WC III, either on board the Victory or wherever he was previously assigned. Or it could look at some of the events that happened between WC IV and Prophecy.

Originally posted by ck9791
You know why Maniac Missions would be a cool game? Because there are so many different areras of the Wing Commander Universe it could explore further. Examples: It could focus on Maniac's activities before WC III, either on board the Victory or wherever he was previously assigned. Or it could look at some of the events that happened between WC IV and Prophecy.

The original idea for Maniac Missions took place during Wing Commander IV, since it was an add-on disc for it. If they did make a Maniac Missions, I'd like to see it center around his days with the Wild Eagles or, as you said, before WC3.

Maniac is an almighty character who could never hurt from more development :D

I'd be interested in a pre wc1 game, personally.
It'd add so much more depth to the early years.

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
Now that is an idea. They have alternate realities in everything. Like, I remember watching one of the Superman movies and Lex Luther was in prison. Last I heard he's the President! And with Wing Commander, especially with the movie having conflicting storylines, there's lots of oppotunity for that sort of thing.

And then I've been thinking about a possible good end for this anternate reality. Well, our fleet could find one of the technicians that worked on the production of the (then) failed Tremblor Bomb. Now, they'll try the same thing again, rebuilding the T-bomb from blueprints, sneaking into downtown Kilrah, and then it's payback time! Or they could stumble upon a long forgotten Steltek weapons cache, find some Doomsday machines, and try to use them in a way against the massive Kilrathi forces. Or the Kilrathi could be attacked at the heart of their Empire by some other powerful force (who knows? Could be the Mantu, or even the Nephilin, or some other new major player in the Galaxy), forcing them to call back their fleets, giving humans enough time to regroup the scattered remnants of Confed forces in a renewed war effort to reclaim their territories. Or all of these things together. Or...

Originally posted by Sycrusian
find some Doomsday machines

Isn't one Steltek doomsday machine enought? Confed already got 2 on WC3. How much of those does one need? And why would the Steltek put more then one doomsday machine on the same hidden cache?

Back