• WC Online

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • WC Strike Team

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Wing Commander & Conquer (RTS Game)

Votes: 3 5.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, MY Privateer 3, anyway. Yes I am actually working on it. I have a "beginning", a premise, if you will, about how you go from Righteous Fire to Privateer 3. Obviously, I have to kinda ignore most of Privateer 2.:( I like the Idea of keeping some of the ships, such as the Heretic and freighters for hire. I guess I'll just keep plugging away.:) I guess you could say I'm working on the "script", or storyline right now.:rolleyes:

Chalk up another one for the Maniac!

I voted for the Maniac Missions. Marshall seemed to be acting like a 'real' senior officer in WC4 and I know he doesn't want the command of squadron.

But I always likes Maniac really for his flying style.

A Multiplayer for WCP would have been awesome.

Though an RTS for WC would have been equally cool. I would have loved to have played the battle of Vukar Tag in an RTS.

The titles are pretty much self explanatory, per request, here's some brief info.

Maniac Missions
A WC Game were you play the role of Maniac.

WCP Multiplayer
WCP was supposed to have a multiplayer component, but they couldn’t complete it in time. They decided to make a stand alone multiplayer game with the same game engine, but it was cancelled.

Privateer 3
The next game in the Privateer series, probably set in the same era of WCP. I don't know if it would follow the adventures of Brownhair/Grayson Burrows.

Privateer Online
A MMPG game set on the WC universe where you could be a Privateer.

WC Online
A MMPG game set on the WC universe where you could have different jobs, like Confed, etc.

WC Strike Team
The sequel to WCP and WCSO.

Wing Commander & Conquer (RTS Game)
A rumored RTS game set int he WC universe. Just a concept, it could be either in space, in the ground, or both.

Crap, I clicked "WC Online" not "Privateer Online". Oh well, both ideas have merit.

Of course for Maniac Missions they'd need to get Tom Wilson to play Maniac again.... he is the Maniac in my opinion. I don't know who'd be able to replace him, and the way he plays the character.

Originally posted by ck9791
Of course for Maniac Missions they'd need to get Tom Wilson to play Maniac again.... he is the Maniac in my opinion. I don't know who'd be able to replace him, and the way he plays the character.

Yes the WC games had great casting on those roles. It would be very hard to re-cast any of them. David Wagner is a good actor, but he was not quite Tolwyn.

How about *any* game that works properly on a modern system without having to jump through hoops, rebooting, etc? Works properly and runs...

(too bad I can't say the same for a number of my favorite games rendered obsolete because they run too fast or the hardware they need just doesn't exist anymore).

Originally posted by Meson
Privateer Online = WC Online. There is no contest here.

Actually a military online game is quite different from a freeform one. Of course both could be implemented into one universe if enough work would be done, but more likely it actually would be 2 games. If had to pick I'd actually go WCO and not PO.

Hmm. You know, I can't say I was ever especially excited about the concept of an online WC game, be it WC Online or Priv Online. Multiplayer is great, but massively-multiplayer? Bah, imagine playing it and having some Kilrathi say "im 2 l33t 4 u". I just don't think I could stand it. Just thinking about it... nay, that way lies madness :eek:.

Back