• WC Online

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • WC Strike Team

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Wing Commander & Conquer (RTS Game)

Votes: 3 5.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wonder that, if instead of "WC Strike Team", the option was"WC6", the score would've been different.

No they wouldn't..

If Origin were to make another WC game, what would most appeal to you?
Early Kilrathi War 316 23.94 %
Early War Privateer 44 3.42 %
Prophecy Sequel 615 46.18 %
Privateer 1 Sequel 132 9.95 %
Privateer 2 Sequel 47 3.54 %
Privateer Online 135 10.18 %
Ultima Worlds Online: Mr. Kat 37 2.79 %
TOTAL 1326 100.00 %

A prequel, maybe. But to answer your question, early on in the Kilrathi War for me. Something along the timeline of WC1 would appeal as well. The guys there were real heroes.

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
A prequel, maybe. But to answer your question, early on in the Kilrathi War for me. Something along the timeline of WC1 would appeal as well. The guys there were real heroes.
What a remarkably strange thing to say... they were real heroes as opposed to whom?

Originally posted by Quarto
What a remarkably strange thing to say... they were real heroes as opposed to whom?

I thought the people you flew with in WC1 were a lot better than anyone else. WC2 in particular paled in comparison, eg: you had a prick like Stingray for a pilot.

Stingray wasn't a prick. He was a fine pilot (even if he had a tendency to get in the way of my guns - better than him shooting me in the back, though). He didn't get along with Blair, that's true, but hey - Blair was a coward or a traitor. Most people in Confed didn't have the benefit of knowing that the stealth fighters were real.

Blair didn't make things easier, either. He was even more of an asshole towards Stingray than Stingray had been towards him. Look what happened when Stingray tried to thank him for the rescue.

Again, Philip is right. :D

The WC characters had a lot more 'edge' to them. It looked as it they were fighting a morale sapping war that had been going on for more than a decade (imaging something bigger than WWII going on for what, 25 years until that moment?).

In WC2 they all looked like fresh and clean recruits who had never seen the rigours of war nor had the scars to prove it. Perhaps I'm biased, thinking the brown uniforms were grungier. Then again, the Tiger's Claw as a w(hole) was grungy. Who can forget the bucket (or the poster in SM2)?

Originally posted by redwolf
In WC2 they all looked like fresh and clean recruits who had never seen the rigours of war nor had the scars to prove it.

Hmm...yeah you are right specially for Spirit,Angel,Jazz. :rolleyes:

So bottoned up uniforms is a reference/equals/measureof how many battles in excess they fought?
Right....

Originally posted by Ghost
Hmm...yeah you are right specially for Spirit,Angel,Jazz. :rolleyes:

Well, they have at least a decade's worth of combat experiance, and all had lost people they cared about in the war. (Philip, Mikhial, ect).

Originally posted by redwolf
And buttoned up uniforms (even on the O-deck) are worn by people who have fought wars in excess of 10 years? :rolleyes:
I would guess that the Concordia would have been quite a cold place. They probably wouldn't use the heating more than absolutely necessary, in order to have more energy for other systems. So, buttoned up uniforms would be almost a necessity.

Plus there's the fact that they're officers, not enlisted men. They're supposed to set a good example and all that.

I'm going sound crazy here, but wasn't WCP meant to be the start of a new WC triogy (sp?). I'm sure that in one of the early review of WCP it said that it was going to be a new starting point, possibly for a war with the bugs...

Originally posted by Quarto
I would guess that the Concordia would have been quite a cold place. They probably wouldn't use the heating more than absolutely necessary, in order to have more energy for other systems. So, buttoned up uniforms would be almost a necessity.

Plus there's the fact that they're officers, not enlisted men. They're supposed to set a good example and all that.

also, tolwyn was on board, and he sticks close to the regs

Back