The Perfect Fighter?

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
I really didnt like the Tigershark as the new Confeds Multy role Fighter cause it doesnt have any atmospheric capabilities, so it is not Multi roled!

That's like saying: "the F-16 cannot launch cruise missiles, therefore it is not a multi-role fighter."

LeHah: I doubt the Arrow could fit any more missiles, considering its compact frame. Unless you were to fit external hardpoints...

Originally posted by Penguin
That's like saying: "the F-16 cannot launch cruise missiles, therefore it is not a multi-role fighter."

Not only that, I don't think its stated anywhere that the Tigershark *isn't* atmosphere capable. We don't fly any atmosphere missions in WC:p and SO, but that doesn't prove much either way.

Best, Raptor

Meh, I'd like an upgraded Dragon (or rather, Lance) fighter. I beefed up one in Secret Ops, gave it Cloudburst and Tachyons, fiddled with the missiles, and then replaced all the Vampire and Panther variants with it. Fun, fun, fun.

I don´t know why all the people here want the uber-inmortal-fastest-killer fighter in the universe...

Originally posted by Ghost
I don´t know why all the people here want the uber-inmortal-fastest-killer fighter in the universe...

Maybe their flying skills leave something to be desired? ;)

Originally posted by Raptor

Not only that, I don't think its stated anywhere that the Tigershark *isn't* atmosphere capable. We don't fly any atmosphere missions in WC:p and SO, but that doesn't prove much either way.

Best, Raptor

I think you can "speculate" that the Tigershark is an atmospheric fighter since I believe it is the only fighter in the WC:p arsenal that both its gun weapons able to work in atmosphere (mass driver and lasers). All the others have weapons that don't work in air.

I read something here or maybe was LOAF who said that, the Tigershark being the succesor to replace the Hellcat had many probabilities to be an atmospheric fighter

It would help if we had some sort of system for designing these things, like the one in Battletech, instead of playing "mine's bigger!" :)

I think it's more Fruedian than that...

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar - though the thought of putting something in your mouth and then setting fire to it seems a little nuts anyway :)

Cheers

Panther

I read something here or maybe was LOAF who said that, the Tigershark being the succesor to replace the Hellcat had many probabilities to be an atmospheric fighter

I would agree -- being the 'evolution' of the Hellcat, the Tigershark is probably an atmospheric fighter...

THE BEST FIGHTER......

The Vampire was the best fighter heavily loaded and incredibly manuvurable what more do you want
I only regret that i have but one life to give to confed -Loozer>>>Hells Kitchen

Probably because they're used to that in WC games. In the end you always get that kind of fighters. Rapier, Sabre, Excalibur, Dragon, Vampire... what's next? Confed always had strenght in quality rather then quantity.
Remeber all those missions when you have to do miracles with weak fighters, and after that you get a kick-ass fighter?That's the FEELING!
Or they just want to see a fighter that can take on a whole fleet.
Like ME!!!:D
But then again, it's no fun obliterating an enemy that can't touch you. The real fun comes from beating a challenge. The tougher, the better.

The Rapier & Sabre (especially the Sabre...) weren't all that wonderful, though (compared to the other ships in their games).

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
The Rapier & Sabre (especially the Sabre...) weren't all that wonderful, though (compared to the other ships in their games).

I'll agree in regards to the Rapier, but the Sabre? That fighter had everything - fast regenerating shields, rear turret and good speed and maneuverability. In addition its armament was flawless. Plenty of missiles, or torpedoes, depending on the mission. More than the Broadsword. Its mass drivers provided good sustained firing rates, or coupled with the particles, good damage potential.

Compared to the other fighters:
More armament than the Ferret.
More protection than the Epee.
Better viewscreen and flight performance than the Rapier II.
Not the sitting duck that is the Broadsword.
Better gun armament than the Crossbow.
Holds up well compared to the flashier Morningstar.

Well, I admit I like Raptor better than Rapier, but Rapier was quite good. You had to have finesse when flying Rapier, while Raptor relied more on a brute force approach. It still has the best full guns mode to the date.
Man, when you empty gun pool in 3 salvos and they punch through anything in front of you...Plus they have that COOL sound! Those were the days:)

I liked the Rapier better than the Sabre. I think the Rapier II from WC2 is the "fairest" fighter in the WC universe, it's advantages don't overweigh it's drawbacks anbd vice versa. The Sabre wasn't bad (it was even good) but it's shield were really thin and she wasn't fast enough to avoid fire. But her turret rocked!

I hated the Sabre because it was boring :p ... keep in mind I was about six at the time :p

Back